1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

JHS Mini Buffer

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Asylum, May 16, 2011.

1. Asylum

Asylum Active Member

Tell me why I should get it....

Any other great buffers out there?

2. The Kid

The Kid Member

T1M Mini Buffer

3. fatsound77

fatsound77 Member

They both are pretty simple basic buffers. I believe T1M is just the GGG discrete circuit and the JHS is an GGG IC circuit. Simple and do the job, but no tweakability to mate them well with different rigs. The buffer in my thru-tone ernie ball is the best sounding one I have played yet. Dunno if he builds them stand alone or not though.

4. phishead5941

phishead5941 Member

I didn't like the JHS mini buffer. I actually like the buffer in my boss dd7 delay better and the buffer in my HOF reverb also sounds better. By better, I mean they don't color the sound at all basically, whereas the JHS mini buffer did something funky to the high end frequencies. I had my buddy who has great ears listen to it and he noticed the alteration in sound also. We both preferred the other buffers.

5. dmw319

dmw319 Member

+1 for the T1M buffer

6. SSol28

SSol28 Member

where in the chain is a good spot for a buffer?

7. Rocksully

Rocksully Member

T1M buffer is great.
    Also, I really like using the Cusack More Louder as a buffer, then can kick it into a volume boost as well.