JHS Morning Glory or Bondi Effects Sick As

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ludawg305, Jun 1, 2015.

1. ludawg305

ludawg305 Member

....with all the hype of these pedals, I still don't understand why I haven't been able to get a "vs." video on this topic.

I currently have the Sick As but for some reason I find myself always coveting a MG.

What do you guys think?

2. TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal Member

i would say these would be two different pedals. I had a MG and it left me wanting more...it was great at what it did...low gain BB overdrive...but never really had any good 'push' to it. i love jhs stuff...but you aren't missing anything with this one.

3. tterry2

tterry2 Member

Get a Greer Lightspeed instead of the Morning Glory. I had the Morning Glory and it was cool but IMO the Lightspeed is far better and more rich just my two cents and I agree with TheRealDeal

4. venivici

venivici Member

Is there some type of sound you are trying to get specifically that leaves you wanting something else? Can you get close to the MG using the Del Mar in BB mode?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  5. ludawg305

ludawg305 Member

Venivici - I haven't tried the Del Mar in BB mode ... but I thought of it after I posted this!

tterry2 - heard that too; will check some demos.

therealdeal - yeah i guess i can get those BB tones + more from my Del Mar.. will have to play with it more. Thanks for the feedback.

6. PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus Gold Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

Isn't this a battle between a modified Marshall Bluesbreaker and a Klone? I'd just pick whichever OD style you like between those two.