• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Jhs Morning Glory vs Walrus Audio Mayflower

joediamond16

Alright so I'm in the market for a transparent first stage OD. I want something that I can have all the time and that will stack well with a cmatmods signa drive. I've narrowed it down to these two pedals since they're both well liked and used by a lot of guys in the church setting (which is what I play). Right now I'm leaning towards the mayflower since its a little cheaper but I'm open to any and all feedback from you guys who have had one or both of these pedals. Thanks in advance!

NHBluesMan

have you considered the cmatmods Butah? It's a blues breaker style like the Morning Glory and should play nicely with the Signa Drive since it's the same company

joediamond16

have you considered the cmatmods Butah? It's a blues breaker style like the Morning Glory and should play nicely with the Signa Drive since it's the same company
Yeah I've thought about that. I've heard nothing but good things about it but I just want variety on my board I guess. One day I'll definitely try it though since I'm in love with the signa drive

dllb

Save yourself some cash and get a Prince of Tone or Timmy. Both made by honest guys that make great pedals. Unless you feel the need to spend more for P&W approval.

UrbanHymns

Silver Supporting Member
This thread is long over, but I figured I would weigh in for those who are searching the net, which is how I found this thread.

I own both and they occupy a similar space for me (low-to-medium gain). In my opinion, the Morning Glory is a bit more transparent & open sounding. Where as the Mayflower has more a closed sound with more mids. They're both fairly transparent though.

I pair either with a Timmy. I've used the Timmy + Mayflower combo on my board for over a year now and have been really happy with it. But I'm about to switch over to trying the MG for a few gigs. There's a chime to it that the Mayflower doesn't have. I previously didn't like this about the MG; there's a high-end thing that is tough to dial out. And when I was playing a Tele into a bright Princeton, I found the MG to be the wrong OD for my tastes. But I've been playing a darker guitar & amp combo over the last few months, so I think the MG will be a nice change.

Trending Topics