• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

JHS pedals I think would be neat...

Non-rabbit

Yea pretty much any effect is a great candidate for that treatment. All the iconic choruses would be amazing. Or maybe all the different fuzzes, one of each.

Spider Mark

How many different types of Fuzz Face are there?

Analogman makes a few.

I have a JHS modded RAT, which I love.

slowerhand

Silver Supporting Member
I'd like a large company to make "nostalgic" delays, like Demedash or Meet Maude, without availability issues and a lower price point. Also: a biphase pedal, fully analog tri-stereo chorus and tape delay. Doesn't have to be JHS necessarily. Would love it for instance if Boss / Roland brought out the RE-201 again.

marshcj

How many different types of Fuzz Face are there?

Analogman makes a few.

I have a JHS modded RAT, which I love.
I'm not sure, but I have like 4 of the minis, plus a Classic 108. I know there are some that are germanium and some that are silicon.

OotMagroot

Silver Supporting Member
I think it would be cool to have Digitech release something similar with some of their drives from the rack units back in the day (GSP21, Twin Tube, etc.)

Does the Bonsai really do what it claims to offer? On paper it seems awesome, but I'm also skeptical. I also feel like I don't hear about it getting talked about if it really does deliver

davimre

This would be pretty simple to implement since many iconic fuzzes from the 1960s are basically adding or subtracting transistors.

High Pedality

I thought this was going to be a Clickbait thread… About how they should come out with something original…

I would consider the Colourbox highly original, yet underrated. It's an interesting pedal that bridges the gap between the pro audio and musician type. $399 for a Neve-inspired pre with a detailed bax EQ that you can not only use a guitar effect but as a really excellent mic pre! Lundahl transformers and everything. That's a crazy good value and again, I don't know of anything else remotely like it in pedal land.

I really appreciate what they do from a historic standpoint. If you're gonna bash companies for making clones, you might as well just rip the entire industry while you're at it. Personally, I would like to see them take on some of the more obscure and rare Electro Harmonix circuits and bring those to the forefront like the Digital Delay and Reverb units from the late 70's, early 80's. Even something freaky like the Pulse Modulator.

Last edited:

PedalFreak

If he had a really good BOG style fuzz in it, Germanium, Silicon, Gilmour Big Muff, different tone benders. And midi so I can recall different fuzzes with my controller. I'd buy that right away :drool I'd buy it without the midi, but midi would make it an instant, or even pre order pedal, need it right away.

JEricB

Does the Bonsai really do what it claims to offer? On paper it seems awesome, but I'm also skeptical. I also feel like I don't hear about it getting talked about if it really does deliver
Yes, it’s for real. I got rid of my ts808 when I got the Bonsai.

Muddy100

Yep...it does. When I first got it, I thought I'd stick to 2-3 options, and probably stick with 1 option 90% of the time. In actual life, I run through 5 of them semi-regularly, and focus on 2 most of the time.
There are some subtleties that I like to have on hand for recording. Or depending on the live room that night, I might prefer a slightly darker or brighter tone without messing with my EQ. I also keep a TS mini on the same board so I can stack....and that has it''s own sound.

(For reference, I like a very simple pedal board...EQ, wah, tuner, loop, reverb, and TS stuff....and I play mostly classic rock sounds...originals and covers).

GreatGreen

I thought this was going to be a Clickbait thread… About how they should come out with something original…

Yeah. How come X pedal company, in an entirely saturated industry that already has approximately 4,000 instances of every possible effect already in production, doesn’t make anything original?

Good point.

eSS eSS

I can definitely tell who pays for the Netflix accounts and who doesn’t in this thread… People get pretty sensitive when something is pointed out to them… Didn’t say I like the company one way or another Ha Ha Ha Ha

“I really appreciate what they do from a historic standpoint.”

High Pedality indeed.

I think I have to make a shirt out of this quote

Slow Graffiti

Silver Supporting Member
I would love a fuzz pedal with a rotary to switch between all of the official Dunlop versions - germanium, silicon, Hendrix, Band of Gypsies, EJ, and Bonamossa.

Top Bottom