JHS - What Is A Blues Breaker?

MadFrank

Silver Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Informative, concise, entertaining, full of superb context and history, Josh is really killing it with these shows. A superb resource for the whole community, new and old hand alike. I look forward to each new episode.

RMosack

Supporting Member
I haven't yet purchased a JHS pedal, although I do have the Boss Angry Driver. So I'm far from a JHS expert. But I started watching some of his videos on a whim, and they are surprisingly informative and entertaining. Good stuff.

Kevy_Metal

I really like this vlog series for the most part.

I do not like that whatever he features soon spikes in price as we collectively swarm to Reverb to buy a new whatsit. :D
Yeah, like how recently he featured the Fulltone Mas Malo and raved about it and now I'm like "maybe I should try it again'. Damn you, Josh!

LordThurisaz

Speaking of, a previous episode discussed a "conspiracy" that the BBE Crusher was given to players by the designer in the 80s, a few years prior to the Marshall Guv'nor, and that they are the same circuit. Any truth to this?

LordThurisaz

The Guvnor was released in 1988 and the BBE Crusher was released in 2006. Why would the guy wait two decades before releasing it :dunno
The guy had the circuit in 85, apparently. He didn't wait two decades; he apparently just gave them away to Jackson (I believe it was Jackson, anyways) endorsers at the time to get their opinions on the pedal according to Josh.

woolyh

Sounds like he spoke to the designer and that's all we have to go on as I'm guessing there are no examples of those Jackson/Fender pedals around.

I thought the story behind the Guvnor was that it was inspired by the diode clipping preamp section of the Jubilee which came out in 1987 :confused

Guess it is a conspiracy ;p

Because BBE didn’t have a guitar pedal lineup until 2006?
Guessing the guy wasn't working for BBE at the time. And BBE did make the Stinger pedal in the 80s :D

No_Stairway

Supporting Member
The JHS Soul Food left a bad taste for JHS in my mouth, that pedal is the very definition of trying to polish a turd. I donhave interest in the Boss/JHS Charlie though

ED_P

Silver Supporting Member
His show is like Mr. Rogers Neighborhood for Pedal nerds. Has the same music at the beginning and end, set backdrops, etc... for the calmness of familiarity. He just needs a couple more recurring characters who come and visit each episode.

Trending Topics