JHS - What Is A Blues Breaker?

No_Stairway

I still fail to see how that is JHS' fault at all. Kinda hard to work with a pedal when, if memory serves, it is mostly SMT.
Lol ok... so if BMW bought a bunch of Yugo's and put a BMW badge on them and tweaked a couple interior parts then sold them as BMW moded Yugos, would they not be responcibke for selling a turd? I fail to see your logic, JHS sold them as JHS SF's so they sold shatty pedals for a $30 price increase, is that a difficult concept to understand?

LordThurisaz

Lol ok... so if BMW bought a bunch of Yugo's and put a BMW badge on them and tweaked a couple interior parts then sold them as BMW moded Yugos, would they not be responcibke for selling a turd? I fail to see your logic, JHS sold them as JHS SF's so they sold shatty pedals for a $30 price increase, is that a difficult concept to understand?
Okay, whatever. You have your stance, and I have mine. Does it really matter that much?

zhivago

I love his videos...due to the time difference, they are posted on YouTube just as I return from work each Thursday.

I always look forward to the latest upload, every Thursday, beer in hand. :)

CREATIVE

I like his videos very much, but just want to share my opinion about one part.

When he compares the KOT and the BluesBreaker MK1, he states that they sound quite different and so they do, mainly due to the fact that he did not try to match the sounds, he just matched the pots positions.

I have a KOT and a Bluesbreaker MK1 and deliverately compared them, trying to set a sound in one of them and matching it with the other and I have to say that they are very very very close. Just the KOT has more gain on tap and a lot more of output available, so the pots must be in very different places to match each other. The KOT is better in the sense that the range of the pots is more usable.

In terms of sound, I just find the KOT to be slightly cleaner (less noise) and more chymie in the sense of having more presence, maybe messing inside with the presence trimpot will make them even closer. But as I say they are mainly the same sound in my opinion, but overall I slighty prefer the KOT eventhough the BluesBreaker looks way cooler.

Anybody else owns both and has compared them?

musicbliss

Supporting Member
Couldn’t agree more that all those Bluesbreaker based pedals all sound and feel different under the fingers.

I personal like the Morning Glory the best, and was surprised as the kot/pot is so amazing.

REDFIVE

Supporting Member
Enjoying the series of vids and they're informative. I've had several JHS pedals and the MG has stuck around the longest but rarely gets used. None of them have been "first choice" pedals for me but I like them.

Trending Topics