• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Jimi Page guitar/organ sound

Tompski

Silver Supporting Member
Good Morning world,
Can anyone please tell me what the effect is that Jimi Page used on a few recordings I think on Physical Graffiti , it makes the guitar sound like an organ, also bands like Mastodon have used it on Leviathon on the song Joseph merrick and on their latest album crack the Skye, what a lovely organic sound that is!
Cheers

T

TommyMambo

Good Morning world,
Can anyone please tell me what the effect is that Jimi Page used on a few recordings I think on Physical Graffiti , it makes the guitar sound like an organ, also bands like Mastodon have used it on Leviathon on the song Joseph merrick and on their latest album crack the Skye, what a lovely organic sound that is!
Cheers

T
"Jimmy." Leslie.

zep41

The effect on the refrain chords for "the wanton song" was either a Leslie speaker or an MXR Phase 90. No one knows for sure which -- probly not even Page himself.

gregorybj

it probably is a leslie, but I get a really cool oraganish sound from the spacestation on my ex-7. I have actually recorded a song or two with some spacestation in the background.

Trending Topics