• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Jimi's strap...

hansv

So I wake up in a girls bed after a long night. Like usual I surveyed my surroundings and I see a poster of Jimi Hendrix. Then I notice his guitar strap....I have that exact same one that I got from my house in Durham when we were cleaning it out. It isn't a reissue or anything..original old ass guitar strap... picture incoming.

We all know tone is in the guitar strap.

airwarrior

Yeah, his wife bought it for him for his birthday. It's the purple one you can see in the Isle of Wight footage and pictures. It's faded to brown now.

hansv

The dog is doing a metal scream, if it had thumbs it would be doing the metal hand too.

Funkwire

Elvis liked it too!

And let's get a front shot of the guitar...a Hagstrom Viking II borrowed from session player Al Casey:

Holliman

Triad Abuser
I've got an original "Ace" strap. The red one like Jimi wore at Woodstock.

Last edited:

JH-EXP-BAND

hansv,

Do you have any more photos of the strap that you could share? I am really interested in this, company's like Souldier.us, Hippiestrap and Luckystraps all have a flaw in their designs for this particular strap.
The white tips on the ends, some have studs, some don't, some tips are too long. They are just not right. I wouldn't be surprised if there not liscenced or allowed to make them how they use to. What you have here, I should think, Is an original 60s Vintage ACE strap. Jimi owned hundreds of these and changed them around to match the guitar and the clothes the band was wearing. Do you know where it came from? As i heard you found in it a house clearance. This is one of my Favourite ACE straps, and would like one the same.

i think jimi's was a left handed strap, not right handed like yours.
Is there even such a thing? Please advise if there is!

Thanks, Peace.

Hwoltage

So I wake up in a girls bed after a long night. Like usual I surveyed my surroundings and I see a poster of Jimi Hendrix. Then I notice his guitar strap....I have that exact same one that I got from my house in Durham when we were cleaning it out. It isn't a reissue or anything..original old ass guitar strap... picture incoming.

We all know tone is in the guitar strap.

COOL!

Trending Topics