1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Jimmy Bryant Tribute Telecaster

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Droptop, May 16, 2006.

1. Droptop

Droptop Supporting Member

Has Anyone played a Fender Jimmy Bryant Tele? What do you know about them?

2. Marty s Horne

Marty s Horne Member

I don't know anything about the guitar, but Jimmy Bryant was one SMOKIN guitar player!

3. andybog

andybog Member

Jimmy Bryant used to come over to my Uncles house back in the early 60's when I was a kid. I really had no idea who he was, since I was into the Beatles and such, Jimmy was playing on the Melody Ranch TV show alot back then; man he was fast. Just picked up a CD while in Nashville that features Jimmy and Speedy West the Steel guitar player together.

4. AJ Love

AJ Love Senior Member

Played one once, seemed like a very good quality example of the Fender Custom Shop's workmanship... they have been discontinued, I believe...

5. 84Bravo

84Bravo Member

I have one, love it. Essentially, it's a Nocaster but with a nicer neck shape, more "C" than the stock Nocaster, not quite as big but super comfortable. Neck radius is 9.5 with the smaller, vintage-style frets. Plays like a dream. Stock Nocaster pickups with (unfortunately) humbucking mode in the middle position. Wired as a modern Tele. The ONLY thing that is unusual about this model (other than the leather pickguard, which sits in the case having been replaced with a black guard) is the knobs, which are true Broadcaster-type knobs and probably came from that very limited run that Fender did with the "prototype" Tele some years ago. My favorite guitar, a blast to play, weighs slightly less than 7lbs. You can't find them, they're not out there. Don't know why they were discontinued.

6. Gas-man

Gas-man Unrepentant Massaganist

I played one at Dave's in LaCrosse. Dee-lightful.

84 Bravo, I'd be happy to take that leather pickguard off yer mitts!

:angel

7. 84Bravo

84Bravo Member

Sorry Gas Man, gotta hang onto the PG. Just wish my intitials were JB and, well, that I had half the talent that was in one of that man's fingers. When I picked my JB out at Daves Guitars he had two in stock. That was last year. The other went quickly too, dunno where. These are great playing guitars if you don't mind the original type fretwire. I don't.

8. J Purcell

J Purcell Member

Jimmy Bryant and Speedy West. :dude
    You gotta love the sound of a smokin' Tele and steel guitar.

9. Droptop

Droptop Supporting Member

Well I baught it. Its a great guitar. I made two alterations to mine, a set of Hamel Pickups and Vintique knobs.