Jimmy Herring rig (as of 4/17 07)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Bo Faulkner, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Bo Faulkner

Bo Faulkner Member

Anybody know what amp he used with WSP for the raleigh show? 4-17 07 i think

2. giggedy

giggedy Member

I saw him last friday, he's amazing, didn't get close enough to see the gear though. I can maybe dig up a picture or two of my friends though. I wish he played with a better band.

3. giggedy

giggedy Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    there you go, best I got. This was from Rothbury.

4. KazJY

KazJY Member

Hmmm, he went through a few amps in the past year, too. I think he had a Soldano SLO that got waterlogged during rain at a show, a Peavey 5150 III that konked out on him (it's what I heard), and now he's got a Fuchs, I believe. (This is what I believe to be accurate. I think I even read about a lot of this somewhere here on TGP).

Here is his gear list up to 1-15-07 (so, we are connecting the dots, just not THERE yet....)

http://www.jimmyherring.net/equipment.htm

5. BigPapiFan

BigPapiFan Member

According to the article on Jimmy in the July 2008 Guitar Player:

In the studio and in smaller clubs His '64 and '66 Super Reverbs and a Hughes and Kettner Tube Factor OD pedal in the studio.

On tour with WSP its: Fuchs Over Drive Supreme and Triple Overdrive Supreme into a Tone Tubby 4x12. Mesa Simul-Class 2 Ninety Power Amp in his rack and two Hard Truckers Cabinets.

I saw him in a small local club here in town a couple years ago with the Super and the Tone Factor and he sounded terrific, as always. When I saw him with WSP this past April and he was great as usual but I really liked his tone with his current setup.

6. Twanger

Twanger Member

Yep, also noteworthy is that the Hard Trucker cabs are for the effects only (T.C. delay), the Fuchs through the Tone Tubby 4x12 is kept dry. Apparently he needed a wider range of clean to heavier tones for the WSP gig which prompted him to start using the Fuchs heads. The article stated that his favorite amps are still the old Supers though. Jimmy Herring is killer player, he deserves much more acclaim than he currently receives IMO..the guy's a master in every sense of the word.

7. gillibi

gillibi Member

The Tube Factor is still being used on the WSP gig, there were some pics out here on TGP that showed it on top of his Hard Trucker cabs.