1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Jimmy Page Black Beauty #002....

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by MSS, Jul 8, 2008.

1. MSS

MSS Member

2. JLee

JLee Supporting Member

Get a serial number and ask where the guitar was purchased. Run the serial with Gibson and get in contact with the original seller/dealer to verify it's authenticity. If I were spending that amount of cash on a guitar, I'd want to know it is exactly what the seller claims it to be. I'm kind of surprised Page just didn't keep the guitar if a family member really didn't claim it.

3. jazzandmetal?

jazzandmetal? Supporting Member

Didn't GC get the first few? He kept #1. Never heard the story of his friend or family member getting one.

I got to play one. Switching system was odd and the neck was really skinny.

*Edit. I am talking about the signed ones.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  4. Drew68

Drew68 Supporting Member

It seems sketchy if only because he's using a photo that's clearly been downloaded from an online advertisement as opposed to one he might have taken himself. This is a big flashing red light in my book.

5. eclipseall

eclipseall Member

That is one guitar that would not sell on places like that. A 002 Jimmy Page Les Paul Custom. Yeah Right! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!