Jimmy Page must have liked The Black Crowes.

cram

Why, I never... thought there was so much strong opinion about a collaboration. I rather liked live at the greek.
It revitalized Oh Well for me.

One of my favorite concert films is Freak-n-Roll with the black crowes. It was around when I did see them in concert and they killed it. That video is really good.

pepedede

Why, I never... thought there was so much strong opinion about a collaboration. I rather liked live at the greek.
It revitalized Oh Well for me.

One of my favorite concert films is Freak-n-Roll with the black crowes. It was around when I did see them in concert and they killed it. That video is really good.
Freak-n-Roll sounds and looks good, but the constant cutting to Chris dancing or random city scenery during solos and breakdowns is very annoying. But, that's a common gripe with live footage.

I saw the Crowes/Page tour in Detroit(Auburn Hills) back in the day.
My two favorite music identities coming together as one.
It was glorious if only for such a brief moment in time.

MikeFM

I think this whole collaborating thing is overrated. We always think “I like Band A, and I like Band B, so put them together and it’s going to be twice as awesome!”. But in reality, it doesn’t work like that.

Also, not everyone is a collaborator. I love the Black Crowes. But if Chris called me up (as if…) and asked me to collaborate on a new track, I’d be in heaven, but I would realistically think that that wouldn’t work out very well.

Last edited:

MJR

I saw the Crowes/Page tour in Detroit(Auburn Hills) back in the day.
My two favorite music identities coming together as one.
It was glorious if only for such a brief moment in time.

I saw 'em in Raleigh, NC, and it was absolutely great. I would've happily seen 'em again if things had turned out differently.

Top Bottom