1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Jimmy Page Sundragon ~ !

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by paulvcarter, Jan 22, 2019.

1. paulvcarter

paulvcarter Member

2. sahhas

sahhas Member

Pic:
    [​IMG]
    would love to hear some new music made with this combo!!!!!!! do like the guitar!!!!!

fakeox, Fat tone79, Peppy and 11 others like this.
  3. paulvcarter

paulvcarter Member

I think this amp holds more mystery than the guitar, or possibly any other amp. Page has been very silent about it for decades..... he is one cool cat.

massacre, JLee, HoboMan and 5 others like this.
  4. motorcitychick

motorcitychick Member

Jimmy Page is going to sound like Jimmy Page, no matter what guitar he uses or amp. Another way of marketing a product and making money through us gear heads. I would prefer a Hiwatt than that amp he is advertising. Jimmy has become corporate! I would never have thought this in a million years. At least he still rocks with his guitar.:)

pomfret, gerg6 and RAG7890 like this.
  5. paulvcarter

paulvcarter Member

I think he has little else to do other than control his legacy for posterity. I suspect there will be more gear coming. We know there will be at least 2 x Telecasters, 1 x amp.

What else could he release?
    Orange amp?
    Marshall amp
    Fender 12 string
    Fender Stratocaster (blue)
    Martin Acoustic?
    Theramin?

What did I miss?

6. tbonesullivan

tbonesullivan Member

Were his marshall amps anything particularly special though? I could see if they were custom modded, but if they were just the regular off the shelf versions, It wouldn't make that much sense.

It's definitely the "early" stuff that really gets people going, because of the mystery. His famous Les Pauls have been recreated countless times, as well as a lot of other gear. But not the Mirror Telecaster which became the Dragon Telecaster, or this amplifier apparently.

Is it a recreation of some secret studio amp he had? Or maybe of the Supro he used on the first album?

7. C-RAM

C-RAM Member

The MBow.

8. Ugh

Ugh Member

Danelectro?

massacre, ripple, ChrisFFTA and 2 others like this.
  9. sahhas

sahhas Member

Jimmy Page Tonebender and Wah! and Jimmy Page Echo for the Whole lotta love middle effects!

And perhaps the follow-up to the Dragon Tele-the Brown B-bender tele-for those Firm tones everyone is dying for from the 80s.....

and what, no mass produced Dragon Suit? missed opportunity!

Cruciform, massacre, MrMoose and 2 others like this.
  10. paulvcarter

paulvcarter Member

I think the Brown B Bender Tele is already part of this Fender run...... if I understood things correctly.

The B Bender would interest me (not that I have the $$$$$) as I saw it live up close in 1985.

massacre, hardrockindaddy and sahhas like this.
  11. Andres6and8

Andres6and8 Member

The most obvious: a Supro 1x12 signature combo.

KWR and ifallalot like this.
  12. jazzguitarfan

jazzguitarfan Member

Become corporate? The guy has been brilliant with the actual business side of the music business for well over 50 years. He's remastered and re-released the entire catalog, sold the rights to tunes to advertisers, including Black Dog to GM to try to sell Cadillacs, and the hundreds of millions of dollars (or euros) he's made has allowed him to live in actual castles and fly private for most of his life. This is not a knock at all. My hat is off to anyone with that kind of business acumen that can capitalize on and seriously monetize their talent. It just seems a collaboration with Fender to release a really expensive signature guitar is probably the least example a going corporate thing that this very astute music businessman has done in half a century.

13. fast ricky love

fast ricky love Supporting Member

Mitch Colby worked on it, I'm supra curious about it!

14. Terry McInturff

Terry McInturff 40th Anniversary of guitar building! Gold Supporting Member

Very cool!
    Now, all that you have to do in order to nail those sounds is to mic the amp with a Neumann U67, run it into a Helios console and BOOM. Theres the sound!

neville5000, Halsey, KWR and 19 others like this.
  15. pickaguitar

pickaguitar 2011 TGP Silver Medalist Silver Supporting Member

Haters hating on Jimmy Page's time spent these days...now we know he's up to.

I'm sure it will cost 5 brazillian kerboples but if I could afford it...I'd buy it!

pbmw, massacre, buzzp and 1 other person like this.
  16. chappy

chappy Member

You issued the signature guitar bow.

17. pickaguitar

pickaguitar 2011 TGP Silver Medalist Silver Supporting Member

Final solution...

Just make a guitar/amp rig that simply nails all of Zeppelin to a T. All the user has to do is move his fingers around and the magic happens

DV52 and jimmycupo like this.
  18. MESA/BUDDA

MESA/BUDDA Member

So what is it then? A Supro with extra mojo?

A Supro Mojo?

A Supro Mojo Zoso?

A.......

....ok I'm done.

19. prototype

prototype Member

sure but there are so many great (and different) jimmy page sounds over the years. a lot of it comes from how the amps were mic'd and his playing of course but he created some really interesting sounds with different gear combinations even if he always sounded like Pagey

Ten Years Gone - Strat + hiwatt? sounds like maybe a les paul or tele on the solo
    Achilles Last Stand and lots of live Zeppelin was Les Paul + echoplex + marshall (and lots of other guitars in the dubs including a dano i think)
    Black Dog - Les paul + fuzz + straight into the desk with no amp
    Since I've been loving you - les paul + mystery supro amp

and theres the tele + fuzz tone we all loved along with the prototype les paul + marshall sound that he's known for. but also lots of one offs like the danelectro sound on white summer/black mountain, or the beautiful double neck tone heard live on the song remains the same film (which i especially loved on the rain song)

20. prototype

prototype Member

interesting that its a super limited production out of Glen Cove, NY. Glen Cove is a very small, very tight and old community. I dated a girl from there once and it is a neat little place but its basically two traffic lights. Wonder how Pagey got hooked with a builder there from half a world away.

massacre likes this.