Jimmy Page Sundragon ~ !

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by paulvcarter, Jan 22, 2019.

1. johnnyjj

johnnyjj Member

Wow. That's an incredible statement coming from the person who wrote the following a few posts back:
    The lack of self-awareness on display here is...intriguing.
    A) I wasn't being ageist, nor was I 'stopping you' from speaking out against absolutely anything.

B) Obviously, your profound lack of self-awareness coexists with (and, indeed, no doubt feeds) a nasty persecution complex, which you've rather embarrassingly displayed throughout this thread in an aggressive, revealing manner.

C) It's a shame that you've 'been through a lot of stuff' - but then I can't help but think, given the examples you've provided above, that the recurring problem throughout said 'stuff' is likely to be...you. And you alone.

JonathanPierceBand likes this.
  2. RAG7890

RAG7890 Member

3. JonathanPierceBand

JonathanPierceBand Supporting Member

4. snow and steel

snow and steel Supporting Member

5. Billy_B

Billy_B Silver Supporting Member

Jimmy is thinking "hmmmmm...."
    [​IMG]

Gridlock likes this.
  6. big mike

big mike Plexi Loving Admin Staff Member

Posts deleted and warnings issued.
    Stop the bickering and BS and keep to topic

JonathanPierceBand likes this.
  7. Mitch Colby

Mitch Colby Gold Supporting Member

It was extremely cool! But I was a little nervous about it. It was insured for $1,000,000 because it was traveling twice from the UK to the US and back eventually going to the the "Play It Loud, The Instruments of Rock and Roll" exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. That's where it is today. His amp sounded ridiculous. I let a few friends play it when they visited the shop and they were amazed but it's sound. Regarding the Jensen, while it sounds correct in the Sundragon, it will react differently in a stock amp.

8. Rockinrob86

Rockinrob86 Member

Mine isn't stock either :) Rockinrob did some guessing and made some changes - it works for my purposes and is a go to amp for a bunch of stuff

Do you know who did the work back in the day on his amp? I've always been curious about these early modders/tweakers and how they figured stuff out. We have it so easy now with the internet

9. Mitch Colby

Not sure who did the mods to this amp. I have a feeling that they weren't necessarily intentional.......;)

10. Stevie C.

Stevie C. Member

Mitch, well I for one am totally thrilled for you, and can't wait until the production version comes out! I hope I can afford it! I'll be in NYC next week to drool all over the glass protecting the original!

Mitch Colby and BradleyCB like this.
  11. CloneTone

CloneTone Member

That seriously piques my curiosity, Mr. Colby!

Would this 'mod' - that appeared to be unintentional, be the result of a hurried previous repair from a prior tech, or is this particular 'mod' the result of Mr. Jimmy Page's experimentation? Would you be able to share any further details, or take any guesses?

12. Mitch Colby

I believe the former.

CloneTone and Stevie C. like this.
  13. CloneTone

CloneTone Member

Thanks for the reply, Mr. Colby!

Will you at some point be able to divulge the full extent of this 'mod', or the technical details involved? If you aren't at liberty to answer that, I understand.

Thanks again!

14. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Member

I just wish we could get some info on the "obtainium" version of the amp. Haven't seen it unless I've missed it.

15. guitarlifestyle

guitarlifestyle I like guitars. Silver Supporting Member

I received this from Sundragon today:

July 17, 2019 – “Based on the overwhelming response to the limited addition Sundragon amplifier I am pleased to announce that we will be producing a standard production model Sundragon amplifier.“ Jimmy Page Sundragon’s first limited edition amplifier was a faithful recreation of the amp Jimmy used exclusively to create the groundbreaking sounds on Led Zeppelin 1 and other notable recordings such as Joe Cocker’s With a Little Help from My Friends.

The “Standard” model Sundragon amplifier will include many of the unique features of the original limited edition Sundragon. Most importantly, it will allow more guitarists the opportunity to experience the sounds Jimmy created 50 years ago to shape the future of rock and roll.

Jimmy’s original amp started out life as a Supro Coronado. After falling out of the back of the band’s van during an early pre-Zeppelin tour, the amp was restored and modified in significant ways. Jimmy realized that the sonic palette of his amp had changed to something new and unique. After being shrouded in mystery for more than 50 years, Jimmy has decided to share this extraordinary amplifier with the world.

Jimmy worked closely with Mitch Colby and Perry Margouleff to match the sound of the original LTD Sundragon and they have recreated this legendary amp in the “Standard” model.

The “Standard” model Sundragon will be introduced at Summer NAMM on July 18, 2019 and will be available for sale in the fall.

For more information come and see Sundragon at NAMM booth 1753 or visit the website at www.sundragonamps.com.

16. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Member

Thanks for sharing! Ooh, the Standard Sundragon and the new generation Corvette to be unveiled on the same day - decisions, decisions ...

17. JonathanPierceBand

JonathanPierceBand Supporting Member

18. MrMilkman

MrMilkman Member

Look sport, I’ve eaten Kraft Mac n Cheese, they are good dinners in the $2-3 range. Hell, I met the Kraft guy at a grocery store last year the same day I met @Kraftbrand , it’s in my Instagram. But my favorite mac and cheese that day was Velveeta.

My opinion isn’t highly suspect, you’re used to $2-3 dinners. I eat $4-5 dinners, I literally bought a case of Valveeta shells and cheese , pics in my Instagram you fool. I’ve eaten in the biggest chairs in my living room, so quit running your mouth online.

19. Rockinrob86

Rockinrob86 Member

Indeed

20. 70' s Tone

70' s Tone Member

Why buy an imitation wannabe clone when you can buy the real deal and get superior tone?
    Supro is indeed the way to go!
    [​IMG]
    Nothing beats a Supro! ;)
    [​IMG]