JJ Electronic makes their own amp? W/ Clips.

truckin

Silver Supporting Member
Looks like they designed a tube specifically for the amp. Definitely would like to hear some demos

sickboy79

It's been on the Eurotubes site since 2014. Not a whole lot of info out there on it. I'd be curious to learn more about it.

logdrum

I like that amp.

I heard their hi-fi amps and pre-amps are not bad sounding (we are talking audiophiles here who sometimes have setups in the hundred thousands)

MHG

Yeah, it uses 300B tubes which is pretty cool. I was ready to purchase one in 2014. Trying to get questions answered was an extremely trying experience, and so I moved on. Sounds great though, and I do wish they'd get their act together.

Another amp that uses these tubes is the Siegmund Sound King. It also uses a Field Coil Speaker.

mwhy

Silver Supporting Member
Yep, I saw it at NAMM, too. The Eurotubes guys were all there hangin' out.

Timbre Wolf

Hyperspatial Gravity Surfer
Platinum Supporting Member
Yeah, it uses 300B tubes which is pretty cool.
Not quite the classic 300B...
"The JJ 300 BH Triode was specifically developed for this amplifier. Even though it stems from our 300B triode, its characteristics have been altered so the sound is more “guitarlike”. The original 300B triode is very linear and too”Hifi-like” or analytic for this purpose. This is why we researched and developed a Triode electron tube specifically to complement the guitar. The sound we have achieved is different from what is produced with the triode connected pentode commonly used today. The primary aim is a natural sound with ambient triode colouring for distorted sound."
Dang! That Siegmund sounds really nice 'n' open/clear!!

Trending Topics