1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Joe Bonamassa and Ian Moss (Cold Chisel) on stage together

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by CyberFerret, May 22, 2011.

1. CyberFerret

CyberFerret Member

When I started playing guitar over 25 years ago, Cold Chisel were huge over here in Australia, and Ian Moss, their guitarists was one of my earliest influences. Loved his understated, intellectual playing style.

More recently, I have become a big fan of Joe B as well, and in fact, am flying across the country to see him next week. I found out that last week at his Sydney concert, Joe got Mossy up on stage with him to jam on a couple of tracks.

Wish I could have seen it live, but a cool member called 'kermatt' on another forum was at the gig and recorded some footage:

2. wesv

wesv Member

Seeing Joe this Thursday at the Palais in St Kilda. Cant wait!

Bummer to see he hasnt brought his amps downunder

3. The Captain

The Captain Supporting Member

Didn't realise that Joe was back here in Oz.
    I saw him at BYron last year, which was really good.
    Watching the Mossy clip now. Have been listening to Chisel heaps lately, after not doing so for many years.

After watching that, I would much rather they had done "Georgia".
    That song made Ian look a bit like a recycled blues wanker, but we both know he is much more than that. Great players both, but not a fan of that song.

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  4. guitarman_1

guitarman_1 Silver Supporting Member

I agree about picking a better tune to show Mossy's licks. He sounded lost, next to a polished pro on that tune. Too much generic wanking and not enough soul/vibe.

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  5. stevorc321

stevorc321 Member

Perth gig was great...no special guests though!

6. robelinda2

robelinda2 Member

Oh man, my all time hero Moss! Pity the song aint great. And he is doing the tuned down thang now it seems, those low notes are LOWWWWWWWW

7. shg

shg Senior Member

Mossy's one of my all-time faves. Last saw him live at the Chisel reunion show in Sydney in 2003 and his tone and playing were just off the hook. He was using a single reissue Deluxe on stage too!

8. robelinda2

robelinda2 Member

I saw that our too, but i gotta say that was THE worst tone ive ever heard from him! I saw him a few weeks ago at a gig down here in Melbourne, with Barnsey and Noiseworks, INCREDIBLE tone, using Vox and Orange amps, magnificent. That raspy thin tone on Ringside is awful to my ears!

9. shg

shg Senior Member

I thought it sounded great on the night I was there. I haven't seen the DVD though, does it sound naff?