• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Joe Bonamassa, Colorado Springs, last nite

Traps

wow. this guy has some SOUL. Killer touch and feel with the guitar.

There's one signature lick/lead solo run he does that is almost one for one Eric Johnson. I guess you can slice and dice blues scales only so much....nonetheless, amazing player.

All Les Pauls, but for his first song, he played an EBMM JP Family Reserve! I wish he did more slide stuff last night, but it was a great show.

Just thought I'd share... I'm sure many of you folks know what this guy can do.

RobertKeeley

Platinum Supporting Member
+1 on Ol' Joe! The guy says it best when he says he is a show to see, not a hit-single-flash-in-the-pan. I've enjoyed every show because of the tone, energy, and surprises...even when you think you have his gig figured out. PLUS, he is a super nice guy to talk and work with. Him and his wife have come by our booths at shows and he has been super to fans as well. Can't say that about every 'guitar-god'. Good for you Mr. Joe B.
rk

Traps

Which amp (or amps) was he using?
He had 4 amps, and 2 4x12 cabs (at least they looked it). The cabs had a label : Custom5 (they were cream, with cream grill). Bottom two of both cabs mic'd.

One amp was a single channel older Marshall. On top of that was a white, what looked like a Marshall. There was writing on it, but (although we were front row center) I couldnt make it out. It's a big deep stage.

The two other amps, I'm not sure of. They were heads, but smaller than the Marshalls.

The cabs were plexi blocked, and you could tell they were CRANKED.

He didnt have a huge pedal board - about 6 pedals total. Cry Baby I saw for sure.

He ran wireless with all the guitars - used about 6 guitars. All les pauls, except the JP EBMM Family Reserve. And two Yamaha acoustics.

He doesnt look like he does in the youtube vids I saw - this is the first time I've seen him live. He's like skinny, where as in the vids , he was not.

russ

Silver Supporting Member
Marshall Jubilee, 2 Catagory 5s,w/2 4x12s and a Van______, Dumble looking head.
He had a Fuzz Face too. It didn't seem like he stepped on the pedals much.

Wasn't it weird how none of the seats in the first 10ish rows were sold? Then, just before the show started, we were told we could move up.

Tonekat

Gold Supporting Member
Sounds like a great show. I was wondering if he would include the Jublilee in his backline. Thanks.

Traps

Wasn't it weird how none of the seats in the first 10ish rows were sold? Then, just before the show started, we were told we could move up.

Russ - yeah! Glad you were there to experience it.

You arn't the Russ from Mucis Exchange, are you?

Traps

About the seating - yeah I think they screwed up. But that was cool they moved us all up. I could hear him hitting his strings with his pick when he was playing close to the edge of the stage... We were pretty much behind the PA, and with the cabs blocked...

guitarlifestyle

I like guitars.
Gold Supporting Member
I saw him in Louisville last week. He used the wah once for just a light wah effect, but otherwise I only saw him hit a pedal once or twice beyond that. It was a great show, and his rig sounds fantastic.

jcoggins7

I've heard that the Ball Family Reserve Petrucci model he's using is actually their baritone version that came out...which would make sense.

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
One of the other amps in the 4 that he uses is a Carol Ann....

bilbal

Category 5, (Peter) Van Weelden Twinkleland, Carol Ann, Marshall Silver Jubilee... last I knew.

nsriley

Did he break out a Flying V for the 'Just Got Paid' jam? Man he did a few weeks back when I saw him and that guitar just had a badass tone to it!

Trending Topics