• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Joe Bonamassas Gigliotti Guitar

zosozep7

Platinum Supporting Member
Any comments on this guitar? I havent seen a thread yet about the subject. I was thinking of purchasing one in the near future. I know Joe had his stolen overseas I believe last year.

BadHat

Gold Supporting Member
I forget if it was stolen or just misplaced in his warehouse, but he got it back.

That is a sweet sounding guitar, and looks really nice under the lights too, what with the polished metal top and all. he usually plays it on Mountain Time, BTW.

guitgator

the guitar was just misplaced with another acts gear in storage and he got it back.

if you got the dough they're awesome guitars

GAT

I had one just like Joe's. They are really killer guitars. Kind of a Tele meets Les Paul sound. Extremely solid. The guitar would not get out of tune, even during outdoor gigs.

zosozep7

Ive got a ton of pics of JOe. Also with that Gigliotti. Ill try and post some this weekend!

guitarpkr67

Silver Supporting Member
I wonder why the bass player has his hand on the headstock in both pics? Were they taken back-to-back?

take1carry1

Silver Supporting Member
Yes, they were. Joe was playing alone on an intro to a song and the bass player was tuning up.

Wooley

Any comments on this guitar? I havent seen a thread yet about the subject. I was thinking of purchasing one in the near future. I know Joe had his stolen overseas I believe last year.
Would you like to try one for a few days on your own rig before you buy it?
:tapedshut

davehorten

I got mine at Guitar Affair (www.guitaraffair.com). I rented one for a week and they refunded my rental when I purchased. Took all the pressure off shelling out that kind of dough for a guitar I never played before. I also read that they have a program where they will also send out three different necks so that you can feel the different neck profiles and they are fretted with different fret wire so you can get a feel for that too. I wish I had done that, because I'm wondering if I would have liked the fatter neck.

Anyway, It's an absolutely amazing guitar, the tone is completely unique. Here's a great review on it...

http://www.guitarjamdaily.com/index...-gigliotti-joe-bonamassa-signature-model.html

Enjoy.

Dave

zosozep7

Thanks for all your responses! I think it would be a good idea to play one first. If they have different necks like the above mentioned, I would prefer the fatter neck. I like fat necks. Especially the one on my 58 LP RI

davehorten

Thanks for all your responses! I think it would be a good idea to play one first. If they have different necks like the above mentioned, I would prefer the fatter neck. I like fat necks. Especially the one on my 58 LP RI
You would probably want the "fatback" neck then. Good luck. You'll love it.

Wooley

I highly recommend you check out Guitar Affair.

I am on my second Breedlove in 3 weeks and I'm happy as a clam.

Jim is about the nicest guy you could hope to do business with, and he runs a first-class operation.

Oh and the Breedloves are awesome.

todd richman

That Joe Henry clip just sealed the deal for me on the sound of the Gigliotti-put them on my list. Great video too-is he playing that in Drop D? I just read the new Guitar Player cover story with JB and he mentions playing slide in standard mainly thanks to Tom Dowd who called open tuning "cheating"! Joe is phenomenal-I think that he and Warren Haynes have the 2 beefiest guitar and vocal voices going. Somewhat similar vocally in timbre-a good thing. I need to catch JB on the Joe Henry tour when it hits Philly. I also see what the theremin was for in the rig pic from the interview. Very good stuff.

Last edited:

Rebel-Guitars

Antique Silver Member
I took both of these to a gig last night. The GT sounded awesome and the big neck felt good. I took my Gigliotti Esquire w/'63 neck with Tone Zone last week and it sounded huge. The turqouise GT really cut through. I only played the GS for a few songs. Much less output of course. This is the same guitar reviewed in the Jan '09 Premier Guitar magazine with Hartley Peavey on cover.

Trending Topics