• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Joe Purdy!

guitarplayer

Silver Supporting Member
Is anyone out there familiar with Joe Purdy? I heard a sound track on the movie "The secret life of bees" which I at first reluctantly started watching with my wife (looked like such a chick flick!) but *really* liked the sound tracks on the move - and the movie is pretty good too! :) Anyway, I googled the sound track and found out my favorite was by a Joe Purdy. So, I checked him out on iTunes and YouTube and - I'm now a fan! His old Gibson is the warmest and sweetest sounding acoustic I've heard! Does anyone know anything about what he plays? If you haven't heard him and like folk with great lyrics and sweet warm acoustics check him out! Thanks!

Cybercat

Is anyone out there familiar with Joe Purdy?(snip) His old Gibson is the warmest and sweetest sounding acoustic I've heard! Does anyone know anything about what he plays?
From "weiner71" on the forums at joepurdy.com :-

"guitar: Gibson J-50 (the year I would guess would be '64-'67 based upon the rounded shoulder and the pickguard size)

Effects/Equipment: Goes into a Boss TU-2 tuner and then into a Radial DI box (it was a green one that I saw so it is a passive box) then into the house PA"

-- certainly is a really great sounding guitar...

Hope that's useful!

guitarplayer

Silver Supporting Member
From "weiner71" on the forums at joepurdy.com :-

"guitar: Gibson J-50 (the year I would guess would be '64-'67 based upon the rounded shoulder and the pickguard size)

Effects/Equipment: Goes into a Boss TU-2 tuner and then into a Radial DI box (it was a green one that I saw so it is a passive box) then into the house PA"

-- certainly is a really great sounding guitar...

Hope that's useful!
Cybercat - Thanks for the info! Sounds like weiner71 saw him in concert. :) I just picked up a new J-45 so it doesn't quite sound like his old J-50 (yet) but I'm really happy with the warm classic Gibson tones it produces. I've really been digging Joe's music! Thanks again!

guitarplayer

Silver Supporting Member
Cybercat - Thanks for the info! Sounds like weiner71 saw him in concert. :) I just picked up a new J-45 so it doesn't quite sound like his old J-50 (yet) but I'm really happy with the warm classic Gibson tones it produces. I've really been digging Joe's music! Thanks again!
Btw, Does anyone know the difference between the J-45 and J-50? Why is the J-45 so popular and you don't hear about the J-50 as much?

Trending Topics