Joe Rogan Experience - James Hetfield

soulohio

deth to those
who play false mettal
joe es muy grosero
boca sucia

Last edited:

chrisjw5

I'm only 20m in, but I find it fascinating. James is - a little - challenging some of my views and he makes a ton of sense. I've always found him to be a really intelligent guy, but he's also a fascinating storyteller. I had my wife listening to his story about raising bees.

I think Rogan is a bit of a tool, but he kind of dials it back here after James avoids Joe leading him down a more divisive road. Thank to the OP for sharing.

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
I can't listen to 2 seconds of Rogan let alone 2 hrs. even for a Hetfield who I am a big fan of.

StratoCraig

I don't know if it's Rogan or Hetfield, but I got kind of bored after ten minutes or so and gave up. I totally get what Hetfield was saying about the "diversity" of the Bay Area being really rather narrow-minded, though; it's true. People here are pretty cool about diversity in terms of ethnicity or sexual orientation, but there's a lot of groupthink.

I'm not a big JRE fan, and don't often listen to the show, but I've heard some that were more interesting to me than this one. Usually when Rogan and his guest(s) are talking about something that Rogan really knows about, like MMA. I don't get the impression he really knows music.

rickcard71

Normally James annoys me, but not here. Very good job James!

"Hey Joe, where you going with that obscenity in your mouth, hey Joe, I said where you going with that obscenity in your mind, I'm going down to shoot my listeners (but your fans probably like it) you know I caught them messing around with another radio (station/Sirius channel for those that are radio channel challenged)."

Falco

I am a fan of Rogan, he boldly goes where others do not dare. Cool guy, love his podcast, I am a regular listener.

This was a really good interview. Hetfield comes across as reserved at first but as it wears on you see flashes of his fierceness. Seems like a genuine guy, I like the way he stands up for his bandmates. Awesome hearing him talk about Lemmy. Makes me like Metallica more & I'm already a fan.

bsacamano

I dig Rogan but he desperately needs to hire an editor for that damn podcast. The average episodes are three hours long with some going four and a half. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Pedal Dan

The Island of Misfit Pedals
I know some think they sold out with the black album.

And they did.

They made millions they otherwise wouldn't have.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom