Joe Walsh 1956 Stratocaster

I'm at the Hard Rock Hotel in Atlantic City, NJ for work and they have Joe Walsh's hard tail 1956 Stratocaster. I never knew after staring at her there are no bridge screws with a hardtail Strat. Never knew that. I see three block screws but how is this attached to the body?
20220913_174906.jpg
20220914_101301.jpg
20220913_175202.jpg
20220913_175411.jpg

They also have one of Jimi's guitars. 1964 Stratocaster. I was trying to capture the headstock, nut and saddles as it is strung up for a lefty.

Thanks for the input on the screws hiding under the saddles.

I know it was barely on that stand and she just seems to want to play more music. She definitely has a vibe coming off of her.
20220914_104315.jpg
20220914_104413.jpg
20220914_104431.jpg

There is and will never be another Joe Walsh - he is 110% an original and very talented, crazy musician who unapologetically does his own thing. I don’t know why but when I think of him usually the first thing I see and hear is this… he wrote a song called “Waffle Stomp” for crying out loud.

Cool Strat. The Hendrix one's not bad either!

I know this has been said many times about all the guitars in collections just sitting in their cases... but it's too bad those are not in the hands of players rather than stuck on display. My '57 Strat gets played every day, and will for as long as I own it.

thanks for the photos of these guitars @'62 CS Strat

They also have one of Jimi's guitars. 1964 Stratocaster.

View attachment 720634

This photo of the bridge is fascinating to me for a number of reasons. I would love to know if any of these were things Jimi would request, or maybe some were factory, or just things which have happened to the guitar during all the years later?

- 'lip' of the plate below the bar looks quite rough/filed
- some springs appear to be different thicknesses and lengths
- the high E spring appears frozen in compression/not flush against the back of the saddle
- the high E saddle appears slammed against the plate screw

thanks for the photos of these guitars @'62 CS Strat

This photo of the bridge is fascinating to me for a number of reasons. I would love to know if any of these were things Jimi would request, or maybe some were factory, or just things which have happened to the guitar during all the years later?

- 'lip' of the plate below the bar looks quite rough/filed
- some springs appear to be different thicknesses and lengths
- the high E spring appears frozen in compression/not flush against the back of the saddle
- the high E saddle appears slammed against the plate screw

The "high e' is the low e here, of course.

Fender used different length springs because of the fact that the low e intonates further back, and you'll bottom out the spring before you get in tune.

Which is exactly what happened here. They/he should have swapped the intonation spring on the two e strings when restringing left handed.

The "lip" looks normal.

While we're paying attention to detail, the sunburst on the Joe Walsh Strat looks '57, not '56, at all.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom