Joe Walsh: 2008 Long Road Out of Eden Tour

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by freak4liferu, Sep 9, 2008.

1. freak4liferu

freak4liferu Member

Can anyone help me with what kind of guitar Joe is playing when he does "Life's Been Good" towards the end of the set. I can't even find a picture, but it's a smaller body hollowbody, with huge metal flakes. I thought it was some kinda Gretsch, but i just kind find anything on it. Any help would be awesome.

2. crlong

crlong Member

3. soulohio

soulohio Member

4. gtrfinder

gtrfinder Supporting Member

Joe Walsh is a Duesenberg endorsee.
    I'd suspect that the guitar you mention is either their Ice Pearl or Ronnie Wood model.
    With regard to price I think the Ice Pearl retails around $4000

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  5. T2tele

T2tele Member

I have a Duesenberg Starplayer TV in black; it is one of the coolest guitar I've ever owned. The bridge pickup just smokes, nails Robben Ford tone, one of the best sounding buckers I've heard... just kills through my T-R Kimock! The middle (split bucker) position is real nice and very usable. I agree, the neck pickup could be better; I'm winding a vintage style P-90 hybrid replacement for it. The trem is fantastic, the most usable of any guitar I've played... and it stays in tune.

The Duessy's have this unique cool factor, they feel good and have a vibe about them, and you don't want to put them down. I have a number of great guitars, vintage to new boutique, but the Duessy is one of my all time faves.

I hadn’t really paid any attention to Duesenberg guitars until I saw Jedd Hughes playing a Starplayer TV; he was on tour with Rodney Crowell. Jedd was playing his SP TV through his 65 London… producing some monstrous tone. So I contacted Nathan at Duesenberg USA and he set me up with a dealer.

To me, the Duesenberg's have a great feel and vibe, which I don’t find in many guitars made today.

T2

6. freak4liferu

freak4liferu Member

Wow guys, knew I could count on you all. Joe seemed to get amazing tone from this guitar, I enjoyed it, and it looked stellar..