Joe Walsh current touring rig, Suhr PT?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jjguitar, Mar 2, 2015.

1. jjguitar

jjguitar Member

So I saw the Eagles last night for their "History of the Eagles" tour which was amazing! All the guys definitely have still got it, so happy I finally got to experience them live after being a fan for so long. Of course I tried to get a look at their gear, our seats were at the side of the stage so it was pretty difficult to get a good clear look at what the guys were using - but there were big screens with close up shots of the guys all night so I would take a glimpse there and check it out. The stage was 90% Fender amp (various tweeds, an original blackface Deluxe amp, a silver face twin) and Vox's. It looked like Joe was playing through primarily an AC30 but he had 2 what looked to be 1x12 cabs each side of the Vox and a head sitting on top of one cab. At first I thought it looked like one of the new silver faced Marshall MG amps! Obviously I was appalled but hey, Joe can do whatever he wants haha!
    Then I thought it might be one of the new Suhr PT100's, there was gaffa tape covering the logo on the head and the camera never got quite close enough to get a decent look, but it definitely looked like a PT100!
    Anyone have any insight? His tone was great, but its definitely 90% mojo dripping from his fingers.

2. MangoMango

MangoMango Supporting Member

If these shots capture the amp your referencing then i would have to say no.
    Having owned one I would have to say no.
    For starters the "red" channel is all the way to right.
    But hey, who knows?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. jjguitar

jjguitar Member

Yep thats what it looked like! Certainly doesn't look like a PT does it? Hmm any other ideas? His tone was really good but to me it didn't sound all that voxy. I swear something else was in the mix

4. MangoMango

MangoMango Supporting Member

I'm guessing talent.

5. Kelly

Kelly Member

Maybe Carvin of some type?

6. BluntForceTrauma

BluntForceTrauma Member

I thought everybody knew Joe plays Carvin.

7. teleblaster

teleblaster Member

Heck with the amp's what guitar is that:drool

8. jpervin

jpervin Member

A Duesenberg of some sort.

9. FenderBigot

FenderBigot Supporting Member

I think he is playing a first gen SS60 a lot nowadays... No BS. Really! :hide2

10. Craig Walker

Craig Walker WHO DAT!! Gold Supporting Member

Duesenberg Double Cat

11. crunchman

crunchman Member

J.W. would make a great TGP'er !!

12. FreyFan

FreyFan Member

13. FreyFan

FreyFan Member

These might interest 'gear' people as well. Steuart Smith's is first and Joe's is the next set.

[​IMG]

14. jjguitar

jjguitar Member

Great thanks for sharing. I really like that all the guys are using mostly Boss stuff... its refreshing to hear great tone coming from working mans gear. Of course as someone will be quick to remind me again, the talent plays a massive roll too.

15. ledzep618

ledzep618 Supporting Member

Yeah, the world of professional musicians is not that gear oriented like the world of basement players is. Most of them use gear that is readily available, road tested and road worthy, and easily replaceable, with the exception of vintage stuff.

When you work with real pros, you'll find that Boss is probably the number 1 represented pedal brand because the pedals do exactly what you want, no surprises.

16. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

I play with Steuart in Don Henley's band. I have no idea what Joe uses with the Eagles though. But I can tell you Steuart uses Classic 50's and mainly boss pedals and sounds just awesome. I love playing with him- it's an honor. And he's just one of those guys that's above the gear- he's an amazing guitar player.

17. ChampReverb

ChampReverb Silver Supporting Member

Nice company you keep, Pete!

Steuart is amazing.

I first saw him years ago backing up Shawn Colvin and he always sounds great.

-bEn r.

18. jjguitar

jjguitar Member

Steuart was amazing on the night no doubt! When he played Felder's parts in the Hotel California solo I got goose bumps, his tone was fantastic and the way he phrases is so tasty.

19. Tbone135

Tbone135 Member

That's one of the things I've tried to do my whole playing career. I can't count the number of times that someone has been nice enough to complement me on my playing and sound, see my rig, and then proceed to tell me "you know what would sound really good?"