Joe Walsh Life's Been Good

27sauce

Got massive airplay when it came out.
It still does. My daughter listens to the local classic rock station all day. I hear it at least 3 times a day, which means it’s probably played much more than that.

The machine...it keeps chugging along.

SteveO

Just listened to the live version with the Eagles where he changes some words. Pretty sure he says “I’m just looking for booze at the scene of the crime. Life’s been good to me so far” and “They write Tim letters. Tell Glen Don’s great”.

Walsh changes up his songs in live performances all the time-the only part of an Eagles show that isn't scripted down to the last syllable.

ggwwbb

Silver Supporting Member
Just listened to the live version with the Eagles where he changes some words. Pretty sure he says “I’m just looking for booze at the scene of the crime. Life’s been good to me so far” and “They write Tim letters. Tell Glen Don’s great”.

And don't forget "I got a limo ride in the trunk. I lock the doors in case I get drunk."

My parents got the 45 when it came out and we just about wore it out. Still love it. But my all time favorite Joe solo song is "I Can Play That Rock-n-Roll".....

Tommy Biggs

Silver Supporting Member
That is a great album- I listen to it pretty often.

I always skip that song though, great as it is.
If you haven’t listened to the rest of the tracks, give it a shot.

kkregsg

The line "I go to parties sometimes until 4.
It's hard to leave when you can't find the door" was totally autobiographical. He wound up hiring Bill "Superfoot" Wallace as his body guard/ handler. Wallace was hired by John Belushi in the same capacity based on Walsh's suggestion. Wallace found Belushi's body at Chateau Marmont.

deepcove17

Great tune...and one of a very few in my limited vocal range...which makes it that much more fun to play lol

Trending Topics

Top Bottom