Johan's Dumble clone demo

davidespinosa

Silver Supporting Member
From the YT comments:

Q: It appears you left out the most important part of a review. That would be..where do you get those?
Johan: I’m afraid you don’t. The builder doesn’t sell amps, this was a one off tribute.

So I guess we're supposed to learn that a Dumble clone can sound good... or something.

Corey112

I love Johan, and love d-style circuits, but this honestly isn't the kind of overdrive tone I look for in that kind of amp. Not a bad sound though.

louis

From the YT comments:

Q: It appears you left out the most important part of a review. That would be..where do you get those?
Johan: I’m afraid you don’t. The builder doesn’t sell amps, this was a one off tribute.

So I guess we're supposed to learn that a Dumble clone can sound good... or something.
Yeah, apparently the builder wants to stay anonymous!

louis

I love Johan, and love d-style circuits, but this honestly isn't the kind of overdrive tone I look for in that kind of amp. Not a bad sound though.
The guy with the LesPaul reminds me of Udo Pipper's feel !

ProfRhino

Johan's a cool guy, and he digs up a lot of interesting stuff. :cool:
I have huge respect for his dedication and hard work.
but at the end of the day he's a hardcore LP > Marshall guy - nothing wrong with that at all, certainly not in my book, but you know - when you got a hammer, everything kinda looks like a nail. :dunno
for D-style demos, you might want to look elsewhere ...
on the other hand Johan's long run of Plexi demos by year sure was a classic, for example ! :aok

all that said, Johan's in my personal top 5 of YT guys I would love to spend a geeky weekend with, in a studio full of guitars and amps and a coffee maker ... :D
lol,
Rhino

louis

Johan's a cool guy, and he digs up a lot of interesting stuff. :cool:
I have huge respect for his dedication and hard work.
but at the end of the day he's a hardcore LP > Marshall guy - nothing wrong with that at all, certainly not in my book, but you know - when you got a hammer, everything kinda looks like a nail. :dunno
for D-style demos, you might want to look elsewhere ...
on the other hand Johan's long run of Plexi demos by year sure was a classic, for example ! :aok

all that said, Johan's in my personal top 5 of YT guys I would love to spend a geeky weekend with, in a studio full of guitars and amps and a coffee maker ... :D
lol,
Rhino
Makes sense !!

sickboy79

I thought it was a cool demo. I liked hearing a D style amp do those types of tones rather than most of what we hear the demos do.

Trending Topics