John Fogerty Fans (live)

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Bob Maximus, May 4, 2015.

1. Bob Maximus

Bob Maximus Silver Supporting Member

I was at the John Fogerty show at Fontanel amphitheater last night. For you that are interested in seeing this show, which is dedicated to the 1969 era CCR music (along with same later Fogerty tunes), just go. I've never heard those tunes rocked like they were last night. The guy is singing better than I've ever heard him; high and clear vocals. The 3 guitarists, Shane Fogerty, Devon Pangle, and John play a smorgasbord of killer Les Pauls and Tele's. Kenny Aronoff on drums (my jaw is still on the ground). Great bass and keys. Killer sounding harmony vocals from Shane, the bass, and keyboard players. The band is John Fogerty, Kenny Aronoff, Bob Malone, Shane Fogerty, James Lomenzo, and Devon Pangle.

Top 5 all time shows for me. Some pics

The Harley circle (my EG is the blue one on the left):

[​IMG]

John from the show (not my pic):

[​IMG]

John and Shane jamming:

[​IMG]

2. zztomato

zztomato Supporting Member

I agree. go see him if you can. Saw him a couple of years ago and was really stunned at how good he still is. He's an awesome guitar player too- he can actually shred.

3. EricPeterson

EricPeterson Member

Nice, he is coming to town this summer, I was on the fence about seeing him, but this might put me over the edge.

4. Bob Maximus

Bob Maximus Silver Supporting Member

I was able to score lawn tickets for $40 each. It put me about 50' from stage left (band perspective). The loudspeaker array setup at Fontanel was pretty amazing. Crystal clear and plenty loud.

5. BigSB

BigSB Member

Read in a biography of CCR that sometime in the late 80's/early 90's JF decided that he wanted to be able to play more and better guitar on his recordings without bringing in as many session players. He also felt as though if he wasn't actively touring (which he wasn't at the time), he might as well learn to, in his words, "really play". He has certainly maintained a high level of skill.

I think maybe he's finally seeing his legacy as a responsibility to his fans, as opposed to years ago, when it seemed he felt everyone else owed HIM some kind of right to ignore his very reasons for success in the first place.

I just wish he'd lose the sissy-looking neck scarf... he doesn't look like a cowboy, he looks like one of the People from a certain Village. Just sayin'.