• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

John Fogerty Suing Ex-Bandmates Again?

Tuberattler

Bitter asshat after all this time... to bad I like him as an artist, probably not so much anything else

DustyRhodesJr

Did you read the article? It sounds like they agreed to pay Fogerty to play HIS songs. And they haven't paid him since 2011. So, he's suing. It's his right to do that IF they had a contract.
I agree, if true.

I am just stating the facts, and am not offering any opinions.

snouter

After reading Jimmy Webb's book, a songwriter has to be a ballbuster when it comes to those using his or her songs, especially something like this so obvious.

Probos

Silver Supporting Member
Bitter asshat after all this time... to bad I like him as an artist, probably not so much anything else
I really know nothing about him or the suit/suing, etc, other than the CCR tunes that I love. But I know this, If I were him and wrote all those great tunes that made those guys money and gave them a degree of fame I'd be pissed too.

Hamer95USA

John Fogerty has a right to protect and ask for reparations for his intellectual property which are the songs he wrote. Considering that his ex-bandmates are performing his songs and haven't paid for him for royalties or merchandising, he has a right to pursue legal actions against them. He also got ripped off by Saul Zaentz of Fantasy Records over his songs, so I don't blame him for executing swift legal actions against his ex-bandmates or Saul Zaentz. Nobody deserves to be ripped off and he's trying to earn an honest living from his music. He deserves to be treated a lot better than what has happened to him for the last 30 years.

If I had any sort of success like Fogerty has had, I would be controlling and watchful of other people who are handling my finances and recording/performing my music. I see no wrong in his actions to protect his assets and have respect for what he's doing.

Guitar George

Last edited:

korby

Watch the CCR Woodstock footage he is pretty much everything that made them what they were .

Last edited:

swiveltung

I really know nothing about him or the suit/suing, etc, other than the CCR tunes that I love. But I know this, If I were him and wrote all those great tunes that made those guys money and gave them a degree of fame I'd be pissed too.
Yep. He's been screwed all along the way. No point in getting screwed by his band mates.

Wagster

Silver Supporting Member
I'm on John's side with this one. I just saw him in Baltimore a few weeks and and look who I ran into.

2HBStrat

Watch the CCR Woodstock footage he is pretty much everything that made them what they were .........
You are correct. I did not know that CCR played Woodstock. Saw the movie back in the day.....didn't remember them. Googled it and now know that J. Fogerty said no to them being in the movie. I don't think it hurt them as a band.

I'm going to see them Wednesday night.
Have fun! Personally I don't think I would be very interested in seeing a band in which the only original members left are the weak rhythm section where neither of them wrote or sang any of the band's songs, but it will probably be a good, tight professional show. ZZ Top with Dusty, Frank, and.......somebody else?......nah! Double Trouble with a different singer/guitarist......nope!

Gas-man

Unrepentant Massaganist
Fogerty wasn't really ripped off by Saul Zaentz, he just signed a bad deal.

It was 100% legal, no?

No one made Fogerty make that deal to get out of his contract with Fantasy--it was a horrible moment of youthful hubris and naivete and it cost him dearly.

Not really a rip off though.

dconeill

Silver Supporting Member

It was 100% legal, no?

No one made Fogerty make that deal to get out of his contract with Fantasy--it was a horrible moment of youthful hubris and naivete and it cost him dearly.

If somebody robs you with a suit, a fountain pen, and with the law on their side, instead of with a gun, they've still robbed you. Happens all the time. Clearly a ripoff.

mge80

It was 100% legal, no?

You are a real piece of work. Are you like this in real life or is this some internet persona? If it's the former, well...God bless you. I hope you get some help. If it's the latter, doesn't it get old?

zosozep7

Platinum Supporting Member
I'm on John's side with this one. I just saw him in Baltimore a few weeks and and look who I ran into.
I dunno? Who is it? Looks like Franco Harris on the far right! Is the bald guy Joe Satriani? The guy in between Franco Harris and Satriani looks like Richard Gere?

derekd

Silver Supporting Member

It was 100% legal, no?

Wow

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
I dunno? Who is it? Looks like Franco Harris on the far right! Is the bald guy Joe Satriani? The guy in between Franco Harris and Satriani looks like Richard Gere?
Pretty sure the bald dude is drummer Kenny Aronoff.

I agree with JF... If he signed a deal and they aren't keeping to it, then go get your cash!

Trending Topics