John Frusciante rejoins Red Hot Chili Peppers

Average Joe

This should be good news. And lord knows I loved them back in the day. But their live performances the last several years as well as the last couple of albums have been abysmal, and I doubt JF can save that. Kiedis esp gave up trying a long time ago. So as much as i should be happy to see them back in the classic lineup, I' more a bit saddend by what little is left of the band I used to love.

riker4208

I suppose John handed that role of guitarist for that legendary band off to Josh. I suppose it's his right to reclaim it

Remer

Golden member. See Below.
Gold Supporting Member
Incredible news. Easily top 5 guitarist for me. There’s been rumors of this floating around for the last few months but like all things, I was prepared for the disappointment of this not coming to fruition. New music in the new year please!

Divorce cleaned him out financially, doubt there could be any other reason for him to rejoin a band he seemed to be so bored with. Still, this great news and I will definitely get tickets when they tour again.

tonedover

Silver Supporting Member
This should be good news. And lord knows I loved them back in the day. But their live performances the last several years as well as the last couple of albums have been abysmal, and I doubt JF can save that. Kiedis esp gave up trying a long time ago. So as much as i should be happy to see them back in the classic lineup, I' more a bit saddend by what little is left of the band I used to love.
disagree about the live work for the other 3 members. anthony is going to be anthony but the last time i saw their arena act with the ceiling laser thingys, i thought the bands performance was great.

while as a fan i wouldnt call the last two albums abysmal, i would say they def arent even close to cracking rhcp top 5 albums by a wide margin... listened for a couple months each and then out of rotation.

tonedover

Silver Supporting Member
i think that only 16 responses or so in over an hour shows how the bands popularity is waning though.

12 years ago this thread would have exploded at this news, and that was at the tail end of their prime popularity

tonedover

Silver Supporting Member
Unpopular opinion: I like One Hot Minute more than anything that came after.
that album has a unique feel for sure, some sort of lite-psychedelic darkness i think

diff strokes for diff folks

ive been a fan since the late 80s, yet by the way is the album im most likely to put on for some reason

i also took an 8 year sabbatical from the californication album and, upon not having to have heard those songs in so long made it a fun experience. they really sucked the joy out of that album the year it was released, with all the overexposure they allowed.

Trending Topics