John Frusciante rejoins Red Hot Chili Peppers

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by johnnyb128, Dec 15, 2019.

1. chandra

chandra Member

I last bought a Strat around the time that John left the peppers.

Always loved his tone. The news of him returning made me fall back in love with the classic and the modern Stratocaster sound. Revisiting Stadium Arcadium reminded me of the assorted rock tones that he got out of his vintage strats on that record. The wah work is pretty impressive as well.

Did such a number on me, that I bought my first Strat in over ten years today, lol.

squeally dan likes this.
  2. Dasein

Dasein Member

It was a benefit gig - they played 3 or 4 songs - Steven Perkins played drums - Perry Joined them on stage - later John played with Dave Navarro & Jane's Addiction.

Tidbit likes this.
  3. Tidbit

Tidbit Member

I’d like to see a complete video of that for sure.

4. Ant000

Ant000 Member

I wonder why they didn’t keep Josh.

Made RHCP a two guitar band... it mighta given them some juice. A little guitar-monizing?

I guess Stadium Arcadian was John’s last venture with them though, and that has some seriously good stuff.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  5. guitarlifestyle

guitarlifestyle I like guitars. Silver Supporting Member

For a brief while they were a two-guitar band before John left with Josh covering some parts, mostly in the background. That's why it was a fairly seamless transition to Josh when John left.

Maybe they offered Josh the same deal and he didn't want to take it after being the main guy for 10 years. That being said, I'm glad it's just John back. I think RHCP are at their best with Flea and John jamming over a funky drum groove.

6. Maven

Maven Supporting Member

Stadium Arcadium is so good. Looking forward to hearing new material from them with John back in the fold

7. anuj

anuj Member

They didn’t, not per how he said it played out.

8. jrockbridge

jrockbridge Member

I admire Josh’s maturity regarding the way he behaved while being ousted from the band. That’s a tough blow for anybody. But, I’m sure it helps that they all care about each other.

I think Josh did a great job for a decade. But, John is the better fit for the band.

riker4208 and Original_Fire like this.
  9. squeally dan

squeally dan Member

I don’t think they need two guitarists for what they do, and I suspect John wouldn’t want another guitarist around. Just get in the way and would be a totally different dynamic as far as writing and playing live.

10. Jorge E aka ricv64

Jorge E aka ricv64 Member

I saw em tons of times when Hillel was alive. They were diffidently the best live band at that time . After his death they weren't the same to me . I think over hearing give it away did me in

teleman1 likes this.