• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

John Jagneaux

Kmaz

Silver Supporting Member
Does anyone know if John Jagneaux is still building? His website doesn't come up.

doc2iron

Silver Supporting Member
Rockin Robin in Houston has several of his guitars.
They might know how to reach him.

Rumblefish

I was on his site just a couple nights ago.I have the flamed Les Paul on his home page.I've played every Les Paul I can to compare and mine just kills them all.I'm like a proud papa when it comes to that guitar.

Kmaz

Silver Supporting Member
Rumblefish, which Historics have you compared it to? I've got the '58.

Can you give the specs on your Jag Les Paul?

Thanks

Kmaz

Silver Supporting Member
Ahh...I just found out he's changed his web address from the old site.

Rumblefish, really want to hear more on your Les Paul.

Rumblefish

Let's see here.How to qualify my opinion.Been playing since the end of the Civil War.Love my ol' parlor guitar.I've played at least one example of all the R's and they all sounded outstanding of course.But mine just has more "body"
to the tone.I installed Seymore Duncan antiquities which I'm sure is part of the recipe,but really,the neck plays so incredibly smooth and no dead spots.Sustain everywhere on the neck and again,just a classic full warm Les Paul tone.Very even in highs and mids and low end.Extremely woody and articulate.Intonates perfectly and stays in tune.It's a '59 style neck.John will make whatever you want,though.

Shark21

Silver Supporting Member
Can somebody point me in the right direction? My old link doesn't work.

Thanks.

Kmaz

Silver Supporting Member
Yes, I've got the Duncan Antiquities in my '58 as well. Wonderful pickups.

I was intrigued by your praise on the Jag Les Paul because I knew someone that felt the same as you about his Jag Paul. After playing John's Teles, Strats, and Les Pauls, he swore he was finished with buying vintage or new from the big names.

He felt they were better quality for much less $$$$.

Trending Topics