John Mayer and Dumble thread

TheAmpNerd

Hey,

What happened to the John Mayer and Dumble Thread?

:horse:horse:horse:horse

Did it disapper or somethine? I was just reading and enjoying it, then:

POOF

Be Gone.

personally, I would rather have certain POSTERS blocked from a thread vs. loosing an entire thread of comments, thoughts, and info.

hw2nw

Silver Supporting Member
don't worry, now we can go back to debating the Vox AC30CC!!!

Terry Hayes

Supporting Member
How about a "what is the best amp to get if I want to sound like John Mayer playing through a Dumble/AC30CC/Bruno amp set up" thread?

Terry

TimH

Silver Supporting Member
JubileeMan 2555 said:
personally, I would rather have certain POSTERS blocked from a thread vs. loosing an entire thread of comments, thoughts, and info.
YUP!!!

fenderbender4

Platinum Supporting Member
Free speech to a point. Technically "Freedom of Speech" does not mean you can say anything you want. Just look at past Supreme Court Cases. Plus this is a private internet forum, the moderators can remove what they want and keep a certain level of civility and decency on this forum.

hunkowood

Maybe a forum emergency room to take all of these upset and damaged gents when it all becomes too much to take ?

bailnout

hunkowood said:
I guess freedom of speech dosn't apply here....
Nope! And I support that.

There are many threads debating that topic here. Do a search to see how far people get with the freedom of speech argument.

I look at it this way...when I'm here, I'm in somebody's home. It might be a big ol' party but it's still someone's place. So I respect the rules of the house. You aren't allowed to say just anything you want in MY house without the possibility of me shutting you down. So goes it with the admins here. They call the shots and the do a damn fine job of it for the money I've paid for my membership dues...nothing (aside from a donation).

I do respectfully disagree with the disappearing threads form of policing the site, but that's how it is. So be it. I would just like to know how a thread with John Mayer and Dumble as the topics could get so out of hand that it had to be nuked. Are these subject really so volatile?

Lution

We are a sensitive lot we are us musicians. Our crummy little feelings get hurt very easily, thank you.

TheAmpNerd

bailnout said:
I would just like to know how a thread with John Mayer and Dumble as the topics could get so out of hand that it had to be nuked. Are these subject really so volatile?
Actually I hope I wasn't at fault.
I mentioned that sheryl had young breasts.
But then, she said that herself on Larry King Live.
Perhaps it was the kats for field goal practice,
first bungling the snap, then a good kick,
but alas, the kat hits goal post.

I guess not.

It really was the result of:

Too much beer
too gooda sex
Liberace wars

Tom Gross

Gold Supporting Member
hunkowood said:
I guess freedom of speech dosn't apply here....
No, we're guests here.

"Freedom of speech" applies here about as much as it does when invited into someone's home for lunch and pleasant conversation.

Greggy

Freedom of Speech? What, has Congress passed a law abridging our rights to speak (write) freely on TGP?

Red Planet

I think I may have ruffled a few feathers with my comments. I was trying to be funny in a sarcastic way. I guess it didn't come out that way.

I get tired of the same stuff over and over and .........

I guess it comes down to High School Clicks and what's the most popular.

You can post a thread about a select few Amps and expect to get plenty of response but if you veer off in another direction it will turn into a Ghost Town. That's not allways the case but seems to be the Norm.

Scott Peterson

TGP Co-Founder and Administrator
Staff member
When one builder rips on another builder and a pissing war ensues... well, there you are. You guys aren't missing anything, nothing happened that hasn't happened a million times already.

"Freedom of Speech" doesn't apply if those speaking can't do it in a civil common sense manner. It's just that simple. You get all the freedom you could want if you can communicate in civil mature conversation, debate or exchange of ideas.

Remember, even if you don't respect the opinion, always respect the person holding it.

Trending Topics