John Mayer Incase Gig Bag

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by tleckie, Aug 4, 2006.

1. tleckie

tleckie Member

Hi, I really want an Incase Slimbag for my TA Drop Top but they don't seem to be producing them anymor, except for the John Mayer Signature bag. I have two questions - is it as good as the Slimbag and will it fit my Anderson?

Thank you!! :)

2. afterburner

afterburner Supporting Member

Incase Slimbags are still in production AFAIK. check out http://incasemusic.com/ and try to shoot them an email.

3. tleckie

tleckie Member

Thanks, but they just seem to be taking orders and not shipping, hence my question. Thanks again

4. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

There's such a demand for them, I don't think they can keep up with demand.

It is a killer bag!!! Cant see how there's a better gig bag out there...

Hope you can get one.

5. Fuzzdawg

Fuzzdawg Member

DANG!!!!!

i was like "finally a double gig bag!" but then i saw the price: $299 :eek:

6. iainmc

iainmc Silver Supporting Member

i have a fender double bag - it was $90 & is pretty good. but the incase ones seem pretty awesome to me.

/i

7. nek

nek Member

No experience with incase, but +1 on the double fender gig bag. It works great!

8. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

It's worth 2X that. Really. It's the last one you'll *ever* buy.

9. karmadave

karmadave Member

I have a JM Strat which comes with the InCase. It's an awsome gig bag! It will protect your axe as good as any hardshell and it's much more portable. I have a Fender double gig bag, for my RC Strat, and although I like the utility of a double bag it's still not very "road-worthy" IMHO...

For a while InCase discontinued their own branded gigbags. Probably couldn't make enough and fullfill their contract with Fender. Now they are selling them again. They are definitely cool bags and well worth the $$.

-KD

10. Josh O

Josh O Member

I was lucky enough to pick up a Mayer Fender/InCase bag off eBay a few months ago. I paid the same price for what InCase is charging for a new SlimBag but it was in hand in less than a week as opposed to the many month wait I was quoted from InCase when I tried to preorder earlier this year. Definetely worth the money and then some, extremely protective, many different compartments and pockets for strings, cables, tools, cables, books, Boss size pedals, even a laptop and the backpack system is awesome. I can't say enough good things about it.

As far as fitup, your Anderson should fit no problem. I've carried a G&L S-500 strat, a TCM Taurus Standard (single cutaway Les Paul type guitar) and an EB/MM John Petrucci JP6 with no problems.

11. JoeP

JoeP Member

I got a double about 3 weeks ago, and it's the best bag that i have ever checked out. I carry a Les Paul and a Tele in it, and it's going to Europe with me in October...

12. tleckie

tleckie Member

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your help :wink: