John Mayer Incase Gig Bag

How much are they worth?
Just picked one up for $90. Seemed a bit much for a gig bag, but it looks like a really sturdy one that will offer lots of protection.

phoenix 7

A John Mayer signature gig bag? Does it come with an extra pocket for the panties chicks throw at you? :banana

But seriously, that's a nice score. I love my InCase double bag.

PCR

If you're talking about this one, then it was a steal!

I paid more than that for mine.

IMG_1541-1.jpg

slowth

i do prefer the standard incase one without the fender logo though but i'm guessing those'l be hard to find find find...

mikehartl

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just bought the John Mayer Incase gig bag pictured two posts above and was wondering if someone could explain the extra backpack straps and compartment to me. I don't get the point of it... if you want to use the extra straps that are attached to the gig back you have to unzip that flap which means it would be hanging down the whole time...? I'll keep playing with it but I think I'm missing something.

Thanks

mousepunk

I followed the hype about this gig bag and bought it. After i received it i could not understand all the hype about it. I compared it to my MONO Vertigo, and it had a little worse quality, the guitar is far not that secure in it like in MONO. And yes, what is it about the hidden shoulder straps? I don't get it. Sold it with no regrets. But...kept the hook which was included. Great stuff :)

djy8131

That looks pretty interesting. I was thinking about getting another Mono case but that looks just as nice and seems to have more storage room

schwa

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just bought the John Mayer Incase gig bag pictured two posts above and was wondering if someone could explain the extra backpack straps and compartment to me. I don't get the point of it... if you want to use the extra straps that are attached to the gig back you have to unzip that flap which means it would be hanging down the whole time...? I'll keep playing with it but I think I'm missing something.

Thanks

I rarely use the backpack straps, but if you do - the flap doesn't zip all the way down. There's a little pocket created at the bottom. To stow the flap, just roll it up an tuck it into the little pocket. The straps/belt are great, one could easily carry the guitar a great distance without too much trouble.

DaveNJ

Gold Supporting Member
I have one of the original Incase bags - it's like the Swiss army knife of guitar cases. There's a laptop case, rain cover, door hook - I keep looking for the scissors and tweezers!

ShaunzNoiz

This was the FIRST gig bag of its type. Mono and all of the other guys came along many years after. That is why there is so much hype about this thing. It was probably the first hybrid type bag on the market that offered great protection. In 2003-2004 there was nothing like it.

As far as the backpack system goes, you have to roll up the flap that is hanging down then tuck it into the bottom of the bag.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
The Incase was the FIRST real gig bag that set the standard for all others to follow. I have two of them and absolutely love them. You can use it for many shaped guitars and suits a Les Paul well especially the protection around the headstock area. As for the backpack pouch, it allows you to store the well designed shoulder straps neatly especially when you are flying with your guitar. The pouch was designed to store the straps for flying as the airlines require you to remove straps that could possibly be caught in conveyor belts, etc...

Besides the two Incase gig bags I have, I also have a couple Mono Vertigo bags and a Suhr bag. They are all great bags, but the Incase can easily fit my Dusenberg Starplayer and my ES-175. My Incase bags are the originals, not the branded Fender John Mayer Incase bags.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom