• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

John Mayer on Conan: LOVE

madscientist

I thought it was a fantastic song choice and a really good, fun performance (as usual). I also think that it's incredibly cool to put the choir up there with him and give the young kids an experience they'll probably always remember. JM continues to inspire me with every performance.

Though, I think he brought a bazooka to a paint ball game with all those amps behind him. And the Tonight Show mixed every musical act poorly that week, and could have done better with the JM3.

I would almost kill a man to have Steve and Pino behind me.

traviswalk

In the Great State
Platinum Supporting Member
I would almost kill a man to have Steve and Pino behind me.
1000% agree, wouldn't you be so inspired with those two guys keeping it tight on every tune, they are soooo dialed in on their stuff. And outside of the choir, for a trio they fill the space so well. Man, I have watched that clip over and over, just awesome. The guitar fills, etc. he does as he sings is impressive.

ImmortalSix

Safe / Clean MP3 download link here

Steve Jordan is a drummer that could play with the other two on mute and you would still think it was the best performance you ever saw --- he is just undeniably incredible at his craft.

Pino Palladino is pretty low in the mix, but you can hear him workin' out a few times, always jaw-dropping.

And John, good God almighty! He is in a groove so deep you can't see the bottom.

Great listen. These three guys are such a great match --- their trio could turn goat piss into gasoline.

Full episode in high quality (hulu) here, go to the very end to catch the video. you have to see the video to fully appreciate the performance. The video is only available until June 28, 2009 because of NBC's policy, so watch it now.

-Hunter

madscientist

1000% agree, wouldn't you be so inspired with those two guys keeping it tight on every tune, they are soooo dialed in on their stuff. And outside of the choir, for a trio they fill the space so well. Man, I have watched that clip over and over, just awesome. The guitar fills, etc. he does as he sings is impressive.
Inspired in a way I couldn't describe!!!!

At this point, I'm really starting to listen to John in terms of his rhythm playing/singing then the solos (not that his solos are bad), because it's just that impressive. He's always got some funky rhythm playing mixed with some incredibly difficult vocal patterns that make it really hard to do both at the same time. I'm constantly amazed.

theHoss

Great point. Tough to do both, but to do both the way he does....

Inspired in a way I couldn't describe!!!!

At this point, I'm really starting to listen to John in terms of his rhythm playing/singing then the solos (not that his solos are bad), because it's just that impressive. He's always got some funky rhythm playing mixed with some incredibly difficult vocal patterns that make it really hard to do both at the same time. I'm constantly amazed.

Steve Foley

Anyone save a copy of the JM / Conan "California Dreaming" from a couple of months ago? All the links seem to have gone bye-bye. I don't understand that - you show it on national TV, then you remove all the links :rolleyes: :dunno :messedup :puh

Not looking to start a Mayer flame-war - I just want to check out the video again......

Trending Topics