JOHN MAYER on digital modelers

Will Chen

Platinum Supporting Member
Curious why don't we ever get a "what does Plini think of modelers?" type of thread...

texhex

Silver Supporting Member
2 pages of comments that boil down to gifs, wapposh, and yet no one has refuted his two very good points... Modelers are basically trying to count clouds and interpolate physics. And the last 5% is the hardest, or another way. You have a pretty good chance of missing 5% of something along the way. I will agree that these are tools, and every tool has a place. Wapposh out ✌

He's really good but who cares? Not even a little bit :D

Who’s really good?

This is getting to be too easy…

TL;DR

I know its not the guitars section, but this is the first thread ive seen where John Mayer is mentioned multiple times but surprisingly no mention of the Silver Sky or Silver Sky SE....
He did mention the 7.25 radius!

lonebender

I know its not the guitars section, but this is the first thread ive seen where John Mayer is mentioned multiple times but surprisingly no mention of the Silver Sky or Silver Sky SE....

I have made my contribution on the subject here

Foxmeister

Gold Supporting Member
I have made my contribution on the subject here

abe-simpson-abe-simpson-cloud.gif

lonebender

The fact that he's choosing to use a modeler says something. The rest is just jibber jabber.

Dude can play though.

Yes, says he was well paid by Fractal.

2 pages of comments that boil down to gifs, wapposh, and yet no one has refuted his two very good points... Modelers are basically trying to count clouds and interpolate physics. And the last 5% is the hardest, or another way. You have a pretty good chance of missing 5% of something along the way. I will agree that these are tools, and every tool has a place. Wapposh out ✌

The two very good points John Mayer talks about, are not jibber jabber, as others said.
I noticed them as many others have noticed them. The famous "wooosh", the way an amplifier fattens with harmonics or thinning his sound depending on the strengh of the picking, is not jibber jabber. It is a matter of fact. Who doesn't notice it is because has zero dynamics in his playing.
Because he has never used the kind of amps that John Mayer uses, namely Fender and Dumble. Maybe his reference tone is a dimed Mesa Dual Rectifier.

The third point is how a modeler responds to change in guitar volume. Anyone who has ever played on a Marshall, for example, knows that the amp cleans up when you roll back the volume pot on your guitar. On Fractal, nothing of the kind happens. When John rolls back the volume pot, the sound is still crunch, but only with less volume.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom