• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

John Mayer Signature PRS?

jjguitar

John just put a photo up on his Instagram of a yellow-ish semi hollow PRS with the caption "I've got a very good feeling about this one @prsguitars prototype #3 mid-build"
Anyone know anything about this?

presence

Silver Supporting Member
this will give people all the more reason to really hate him. almost as much as if he were a lawyer playing a PRS.

SinglecutGuy

Silver Supporting Member
I like it, but damn those are a lot of switch holes.
Kind of a departure for him in regards to the switches. He's played mainly strats for a decade. Interesting to see what all those switches will do.

I'm excited to see what they come up with. He went from a stoptail 3 Narrowfield pickup model, now to a semi-hollow, and what appears to be an HSH style, with the trem. Can't wait to see where this ends up!

Mpcoluv

Mayer could be just chasing wild ideas and still play strats going forward. Interesting things though.

wilblee

Hack sans shame
Platinum Supporting Member
hope he tries playing it standing up; the lightweight PRS hollowbodies have an annoying habit of hideous neck dive.
I haven't noticed any tendency to neck dive on my McCarty Hollowbody, much less a hideous one.

standard24

Not those balding blooze licks playin' internet gearhead clinging on to nostalgic past. :p
I'm sorry... were you talking to me???:cool:

Any JM signiture PRS is going to be a great guitar. (ie PRS DGT.)

Actually, I think PRS has done more to introduce new valid ideas for guitar design/construction, than all other builders combined. I'm way past second guessing that team. They've produced very few dogs, and they're not content to "window dress" the same designs over and over.

I do wonder when they'll get popular with their bass guitars.

Raymond Lin

This could be one guitar to cover all the sounds.

HSH
Semi hollow
With all those switches, I am guessing there is a Piezo, with the two switches at the bottom.

Jimi D

Looks cool... and I'm a sucker for switches... I can see myself buying one of those...

Curban

I'm putting good money this or atleast a final form of these prototypes will be what he plays in the supposed Bob weir Mayer tour this fall. Definitely reminds me heavily of a Garcia inspired guitar with all the switching. My assumption would be some phase and coil taps. Possibly an onboard effects loop although I doubt it, a piezo seems more likely

Raymond Lin

I'm putting good money this or atleast a final form of these prototypes will be what he plays in the supposed Bob weir Mayer tour this fall. Definitely reminds me heavily of a Garcia inspired guitar with all the switching. My assumption would be some phase and coil taps. Possibly an onboard effects loop although I doubt it, a piezo seems more likely
No doubt the switches will be coil tap to make it SSS

The middle pick up is probably a Narrowfield, which makes the 3 switches on the side to coil tape each one.

The 2 knobs (top and middle) are the normal volume and tone.

A 5 way blade switch as well so have perhaps just humbucker andhum bucker or Humbucker and Single coil etc.

The very bottom one would be the volume for the piezo, one of the switches would be switching between piezo and pickups or together....that leaves 1 other switch...

Trending Topics