John Mayer Strat

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by otisray, Feb 15, 2009.

1. otisray

otisray Member

I am looking at purchasing a JM Strat, and looking at all the pictures I can find, no where on the guitar does it say "made in the USA". Now I assume since it is an "Artist" series guitar that it is made in the US. But looking at the neck plate it does not have the Fender logo embossed in it, and there are those little black stickers that have the CE on them. I have bought Korean guitars that have those stickers on the neck plate. Can anyone confirm that this guitar is indeed a US made strat. Thanks!

2. Joshlespaul1952

Joshlespaul1952 Member

3. devilrob1979

devilrob1979 Member

They're made in the US. The little black sticker just means it contains lead free solder and can therefore be shipped to Europe.

4. shark_bite

shark_bite Member

You know, I freaked out about that briefly after I got mine... they don't say anything on the website either. But yeah, it is MIA and it's a killer guitar to boot.

5. big mike

big mike Fixed Bias Moderator Staff Member

Actually that would be a RoHS sticker.
    The CE sticker is that it's approved for import in Europe, but nothing to do with the solder.

6. devilrob1979

devilrob1979 Member

Hmm, I thought that Europe demanded lead-free solder so if it was okay for import to Europe it was lead-free. Thanks for the correction Mike.

7. big mike

big mike Fixed Bias Moderator Staff Member

That's correct, But the CE Sticker predates the RoHS (Lead free solder) restriction.