John Mayer - VH1 Storytellers - Jan 28th

skronker

2010/2013/2015 S.C. Champions
Oh man don't get me started...all of the pretty girls up front with nice clothes were CASTED. It really pissed me off because I had to sit about 8 rows back so Gotham casting could plant these people all over. Look at the way they are dancing. So fake and I heard from people that sat next to them. People were saying a lot of them didn't even know any of his music. Before
the show there was a lady
with vh1 going around to all of the casted people and she was like " make sure you guys get into it. We wanna see you get up and dance
around and have a good time."
I didn't know they casted 'hot chicks' for the show.

I thought it was JM's "pullin' power" in full effect.

Oh well, another illusion brought to us by the folks that want to sell you lots of "stuff" that no one really needs.

KSKONDOR

The casted fan happens a lot at on filmed concerts even when they aren't intimate like that (u2, maddonna, etc). It's all part of the illusion. Doesn't bother me. I'd rather have a good looking girl to look at than a middle anged guitar wanker like myself :)

dmagalhaes

Supporting Member
Didn't see it all, but I liked how he pulled out an old Gibson (L-5?) on the last tune and played some jazzy lines. Nice tone and playing!

If you like that L5, search YooToob for "Slow Dancing on Mulholland Drive" and "Heart of Life Mulholland Drive".

Last edited:

TubeeTuberton

I don't really care for the new album at all. Too much "your body is a wonderland" stuff for me. Also, I know it was the point of the show being "storytellers" and all but, less talk-ee more play-ee!

ImmortalSix

I thoroughly enjoyed the Storytellers show.

I especially liked his explanation that he knew that "Heartbreak Warfare" sounded like U2's "Bad."

He could not have explained that any better or more sincerely. Listen to it if you get the chance.

neastguy

I thoroughly enjoyed the Storytellers show.

I especially liked his explanation that he knew that "Heartbreak Warfare" sounded like U2's "Bad."

He could not have explained that any better or more sincerely. Listen to it if you get the chance.

r u JM?

ImmortalSix

Yep, it's me.

All my YouTube gear demos are a red-herring so you guys will think I am some suburban hack, all in the name of concealing my true identity.

Kooshball

I'm 25, and my first ever concert was when I was 9.

Saw Paul McCartney live in Columbia, SC in Williams Bryce Stadium and ahh ha, Robbie was with him, Linda was still alive then too. Great show!
ah cool

i'm in spartanburg SC..as well as 25, and also a huge mccartney fan.

ToddK

I watched a bit of it, and wow, John certainly is mighty fond of himself.

He can do a decent SRV impression when he wants to, but other than that, no
special quality there.

Trending Topics