John Mayer vid

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by ed_dale007, Oct 21, 2008.

1. ed_dale007

ed_dale007 Member

Anybody have the link to that vid of john mayer writing in repair. It was a wicked vid and now I can't find it anymore.

2. JS335

JS335 Member

3. traviswalk

traviswalk In the Great State Gold Supporting Member

I had to watch that again it is so good.

4. soldano16

soldano16 Member

It was a very cool story but I had to quit a bit after 1/2 way. The song sounded so lame.

5. bluesmain

bluesmain Member

That was pretty damn hip! Thanks for the post!

6. flat_broke

flat_broke Member

that part where the camera scans the tables with the piles of pedals... my heart stopped.

7. datriani

datriani Member

I'm a Satch, Vai, Eric Johnson, Saraceno type of player and I have nothing but respect for JM. That guy IMO is a genius....just like SRV, Hendrix, VH. I'm sure most members on here would disagree with me but I think those people are judging him on his pop stuff. If you really listen to his Trio and blusier stuff, he's got "it", I think over time it will become apparent to everyone that he's going to be a legend. What I like about him is that he's pretty smart and that comes across in his playing and lyrics. Some might say he's arrogent or has a big head but I think he's just being honest. If he had no talent, I would agree with everyone but after investing a good amount of time to listening to his music, I've come to conclusion that he's architected this musical career that is going to span across many genres and age groups. I think we're very fortunate to witness this in the making.

8. ozspawn

ozspawn Member

An intimate glimpse into the creative process. The moral: nothing ventured, nothing gained. How inspiring.

9. ed_dale007

ed_dale007 Member

I love his pop writing as well as his blues stuff, in fact I might like his pop writing more than his recent stuff.

10. Belmont

Belmont Member

Steve and Charlie must have been bored stiff,hope they got a nice cheque,JM is a legend in his own mind that's for sure,he seems quite blown away with his own greatness.yet another sappy love song.
    :barf

I do apologize to those who like him,I just can't help it.

11. innocent_bystander

innocent_bystander Supporting Member

12. OrangeAD30TC

OrangeAD30TC The venerable H.W.

Love Song? Do you think that this song is about being in love?

13. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

good stuff...I'd love to see a more in depth look at all those pedals.

14. DOMINIC

DOMINIC Member

dude..:jo

not a love song..

15. madscientist

madscientist Member

really inspiring video

16. Belmont

Belmont Member

did he not say the song is called "In Repair" and is about being on the rebound,from love??? I keep trying to find something to like about this guy and that's why I watched the whole vid,and the fact that it had Charlie Hunter and Steve Jordan on it.At the beginning it looked like it might be a cool collaboration,but sure enough the ego of the "star" took over and it sounds like most of his other material, which to me is sappy to the max,he could have had any session players doing the bass and drums for a pop song,why bother bringing in a guy like Charlie Hunter? I don't feel good about leaving negative comments,but I watched the vid and felt that giving my honest opinion was the only thing to do.I will refrain from reading or watching anything to do with JM in the future to spare his fans from any more negative posts.peace

17. DOMINIC

DOMINIC Member

i respect your honest opinion..

i guess it's just hard for me to understand why people hate John Mayer so much...

he's does some great stuff

18. FatTeleTom

FatTeleTom Member

Love that song. And that "making of" video is a lot of fun.

Don't get the hate either. Stuff like this is a matter of taste, so I get not liking "In Repair" (or any other JM tune), but the extreme reactions of some folks to his stuff really puzzle me.

19. chandan12

chandan12 Active Member

haha, i love the john mayer bashing on this site. guy is great in my opinion. REALLY great.
    as for 'in repair' one of the best tracks on the album IMO (prob a little biased because i love charlie)... if you dont like the song, listen to the guitar solo, if you dont like the solo...listen to the perfect 4th in the last chorus! im stiiiiiiiiiiiil unsteady. great execution of a classic interval.
    steve jordan bored? maybe...but i think he has a solid rapport with jm as they have been playing, writing, producing together for a few years now.
    with that being said....i'm ganna go see charlie tonight at the mint! maybe i'll bring a pedal so he can sign it like mayer did...will that make me become the next pop icon?!

oh and BELMONT- charlie wasn't just laying down bass for that my man...he co-wrote it...objectivity people.