John Mayer's Pedalboard: 2019 Solo Tour Edition

boldaslove1977

Gold Supporting Member
Took a few shows... but we finally have shots of JM's latest pedalboard. He posted these from MSG last night. The big switching system is gone and he's back to a more traditional setup.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

The obvious ones...

Klon
TS10
Q-Tron
Aqua Puss
Polytune

Have at it....

Already had a discussion going about his guitars for this tour... he's primarily using a bunch of Silver Sky guitars... with other guitars making appearances for a song or two.
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...aple-fretboard-sighted.2065319/#post-28926669

Last edited:

pulse.

Gold Supporting Member
It's his silver klon. It's just the light making it look black. You can see its silver in the other photo.
On both pictures it looks black to me, I guess it could be a silver klon. A really shinny one.

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
Has he used the Providence Chrono before? As mentioned above, he went back to the Flint too... interesting. I still see a Katana above the Polytune too. Is there a second Katana next to the Chrono?

That is still a pretty big board in my view, but if anyone knows how to use that thing it’s JM! :aok

therhodeo

Interesting that he did away with that switching system. And man, it's insane that he's somehow gotten more popular since 2007. He's gone platinum again with New Light and is selling out stadiums such as MSG. Crazy.

He's out doing what more artists should be doing if they want to be huge. Grinding it out and getting fans out on the road whether its solo or Dead & Co.

JRC4558Dude

And man, it's insane that he's somehow gotten more popular since 2007. He's gone platinum again with New Light and is selling out stadiums such as MSG. Crazy.

No kidding!
That's exactly what I thought when I saw those photos.

I don't really follow his career, but I would have assumed he was kind of off the radar these days (given that he was touring with the Dead, and maybe not focusing on his solo stuff so much).

The crowd at MSG suggests otherwise. Good for him.

boldaslove1977

Gold Supporting Member
No kidding!
That's exactly what I thought when I saw those photos.

I don't really follow his career, but I would have assumed he was kind of off the radar these days (given that he was touring with the Dead, and maybe not focusing on his solo stuff so much).

The crowd at MSG suggests otherwise. Good for him.

And he’s there again tonight....

Ticket prices are insane. More than a Billy Joel ticket is getting at the Garden these days in much of the arena. Average 100-level seats in the middle to back were going for 500-600 as of a few days ago. I’d say good him... but he doesn’t see that money....

Trending Topics

Top Bottom