John Page to make guitars again!!

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by telesquire, May 13, 2006.

1. telesquire

telesquire Member

Great news...the legendary John Page is to make guitars under his own name!No details as yet but you can get on his list here...

http://www.p-one-c.com/

2. Douglas Baines

Douglas Baines Member

I've never seen his guitars, but after seeing his furniture/woodworking design on that site I am looking forward to it!

3. killerburst

killerburst killerburstguitars.com Silver Supporting Member

Wanna bet?:D

4. r9player

r9player Silver Supporting Member

Nice guitar stands too!

5. Balance

Balance Member

His furniture is beautiful. He's quite a craftsman.

6. telesquire

telesquire Member

I'm sure his guitars will be awesome!

7. Douglas Baines

Douglas Baines Member

What might I know?

:jo

8. killerburst

killerburst killerburstguitars.com Silver Supporting Member

Sorry for the sarcasm. I was just surprised to read that a TGP member was unfamiliar with the co-founder of the Fender Custom Shop.

9. Douglas Baines

Douglas Baines Member

Aah, I see. Yeah, Fenders have never really turned my crank, so I don't really keep up with their story.

Their production guits don't do much for me, but I will admit that a lot of the custom shop one-offs have left me drooling. I've bought a few Fender CS wall calenders over the years, if that says anything. (I still have them!)

10. John Page

John Page Member

Hi Guys, I see the word has gotten out, eh? Yep, I'm still finalizing the design and hope to have the first proto complete in July. I'm going to be making an extrememly limited number per year, maybe 12 or so. I'll be continuing my art furniture building as well, so I don't want to commit to too many. If you tried to e-mail me last weekend and it did go through, it's because my webhost had a server problem... sorry about that. Please try again. Talk to you soon...

11. Vince

Vince Member

Hey brother, can't wait to see them.

12. Axdoctor

Axdoctor Member

Nice!!! I can't wait too see my old boss' goodies, wait till Gene and the boys hear this!!! Nice!!! Where's my guitar stand!! :)

:horse :BEER :RoCkIn

13. John Page

John Page Member

Vince (Relic-King),
    What-up mandingo! I hear great things about Vinetto... How's everything with you?

Gil,
    You'll get your stand when you wait long enough :) Hey, send me a Lou Malnati's would ya? Sausage and onion... yum...

14. telesquire

telesquire Member

Welcome onboard John!Twelve a year sounds very 'masterbuilt'!!Will you be building them ALL yourself or will you have 'help'??!!LOL.Can't wait to see the specs!
    Come on Vince show us your Artifacts,don't be shy now!

15. KKauffman

KKauffman Member

I'm looking forward to getting my guitar stand :drool and I don't mind the wait at all. I'm also looking forward to seeing pics of the proto :RoCkIn Man, these smiley icons are addictive, they didn't have these on the FDP, no wonder I left that forum. :D

Hey Gil, did this Strat used to belong to you? It's at Wild West Guitars in Riverside, CA...

http://wildwestguitars.com/fender/Strats/62_sigstrat_.jpg

Take care John, good luck on your quest for the Claro. :AOK

16. Vince

Vince Member

For you guys who may not know the whole story, I think the world should be reminded that there would be no "relics" without John Page and J. Black. It's sometimes embarrasing that I probably get more credit than I deserve for the whole thing when I think of John's vision and all the risks he took to make the line happen, and all the "behind the scenes" work John and J. and I did in the early days of the project. John took a huge risk by keeping the whole project "black" while we did the prelim work and didn't tell his bosses, knowing they'd probably not get it and kill the idea, then he went totally balls out under the radar for the first '95 NAMM show, putting our prototypes in custom glass cases and making a special display. Of course, we knew we were pretty safe with the "cheeses" when the orders were slammin' in the first day! One of the coolest weekends of my life, which lead to 4 great years of working with John and his crew at Custom Shop.

I'm flattered that John has stopped by our little corner of the world. There is no question that he is one of the most influential and important forces in the guitar world and what has evolved into today's high-end and boutique market.

John's art is amazing, and I'm really dying to see the guitars.

17. AJ Love

AJ Love Senior Member

Congrats John, on getting back into the game!

18. SkatePunk

SkatePunk Member

Vince,

Thanks for giving us a taste of what is was like during the Relic's inception. It sounds like exciting times. I know I've pondered the how's and who's when checking out Relics and I'm sure that other TGP Members have too.

Cheers,
    McE

19. Axdoctor

Axdoctor Member

John: You know I am a paitent man know hurry up!! :) :dude I will get you the specs this weekend for it. Can't wait to see your goodies.:RoCkIn

KKauffman: Yes that was mine, I am going to see about getting it back from him as it was hard too sell it but Gene and I needed cash to keep the shop running.

Gil

20. KKauffman

KKauffman Member

Gil:
    Have you told Gene the great news about John's return to mystical world of guitars? Maybe John Suhr will see this thread too, it's becoming a Custom Shop reunion. Hope you can get that Strat back, I'm sure you hated to let that go!

Hi Peter, I thought that was you! :D I consulted Steve (crumblebum) for verification. Hey, do you have any idea what the color is on those Strats EC is playing now? :rolleyes: