• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

John Paul Jones exposed

amigo30

I ran across this video of JPJ playing "Going To California" on mandolin, hard to say if this is what he did on the record but close enough. What a talent.

I just listened to Houses of the Holy in it's entirety a couple of days ago.

Without JPJ's contribution, it wouldn't have been nearly as interesting of an album. His contribution was always Zeps secret ingredient.

Last edited:

wombat66

John Paul Jones' contribution to Brian Eno's Music For Films series

a sample of John Paul Jones' collaboration with Sonic Youth on Merce Cunningham's "Nearly Ninety"

John Paul Jones with Robyn Hitchcock at Hardly Strictly Bluegrass

he gets around but I have the impression that JPJ enjoys keeping a low profile

Marrsumm

Agreed. I never understood why he isn't/hasn't been more present in the music industry since LZ demise. I know he was in TCV but I haven't seen much of him otherwise. Very talented dude.
He wrote the string arrangement for R.E.M.'s Automatic for the People and a boatload of other artists.

I remember how the Red Hot Chili Peppers wanted to hire him to wrote a string arrangement for one of their singles and they couldn't afford him, so he obviously can be choosy about his projects.

List of credits here:

When he opened for King Crimson he blew me away with his undeniable talent. Some of the things I previously attributed to Jimmy Page were caused by Mr. Jones. What an incredible musician. He can play killer lap steel. And killer bass. And mandolin. And keyboards. And even ukulele.

Last edited:

Trending Topics