John Petrucci's Sounds

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by lil_Petrucci, Oct 3, 2008.

1. lil_Petrucci

lil_Petrucci Member

Hey all, i was wondering (if any of you have the album), but in the end of Take the Time off the Chaos in Motion World Tour 2007/2008 Album, Petrucci does a psycho solo, and then a mad delay part: at about 10min 15sec or so. Does anyone know his settings?

Also, what are the effects he uses in the end of Ministry of Lost Souls with the mad solo? (preferably the live version off the same album) - i gotta know coz im buying a few new pedals, and i want those ones.

2. countandduke

countandduke Member

Wish I could help but I know John has used Eventides and TC 2290's in the past. There's a good video on youtube where he discusses various sounds and pedals on the floor. Might be worth a chance.

I WILL say, that my Eventide Eclipse sounds simply unbelievable!!! My guess is most if not any sound you can imagine is inside there.

Good luck.

Chris

3. srvaughnabee

srvaughnabee Member

4. Original_Fire

Original_Fire Member

haha I love that vid, never gets old.

5. crockett

crockett Member

Check this video out, it's from his Chaos In Motion tour. He does use a TC 2290 delay, also a TC M3000, Eventide DSP7000 and lots of other effects... Zakk Wylde OD, EVH Flanger and Phaser, and a Keeley modded TS9 or 808, can't tell. A Boss TU-2 and what looks like an Ernie Ball volume pedal, too. The Mark IVs and the Lone Star probably get half way there, too. He doesn't give away any settings, though.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/gallery_artist/video/Petrucci3.html

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  6. matt5150

matt5150 Either U Know Or U Don't Supporting Member

Try contacting Jason here (guitartech72).

He was/is Petrucci' tech.

Matt

7. lil_Petrucci

lil_Petrucci Member

Thanks a million Guys.

Im just looking at expanding my rig.

I already have a new amp on the way (Custom Built :D) and 2 new guitars as well.

But that delay stuff he uses i need to know. mainly because he's like my idol.

Also, i wanted to know - whats a Mesa Boogie Triple Rec Solo Head worth to buy over in the states?