Johnny A Case

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Bloozman, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Bloozman

Bloozman Member

Anyone know of an aftermarket case for the Johnny A?..The factory case is too nice to beat up taking to gigs...Thanks Bloozman

2. Tone Disciple

Tone Disciple Gold Supporting Member

Good question. I'll be watching.

3. jads57

jads57 Supporting Member

I use to have Pat Martino case which I beleive is the ES-446 case as well, that I`d use to carry my JA in to gigs. I also used a heavy duty Fender gig bag(faux black suede) that worked well as well.

4. Bloozman

Bloozman Member

yeah jads...try and find something like a SKB for those guitars, and you may as well try and get one for the Johnny A.. I'm learning fast that NO-ONE makes a case for the Johnny A but TKL who only makes the lizard beauty..I think Im stuck...But thanks anyway

5. BigPapiFan

BigPapiFan Member

I believe that the Johnny A is the same size as the 336/356/339s. If so they fit perfectly into an Epiphone /Alleykat/Wildkat case but will be too large for a typical LP-style case.
    Could you put the factory case inside of an acoustic gigbag to shield it against the majority of scuffs and rubs?

6. HurricaneJesus

HurricaneJesus Member

It's a case, man. Plus didn't we have a big case relicing thing here last week?

7. lpnv59

lpnv59 Member

The "Johnny A." is slightly longer and has a different shaped belly than a 336/356, but it may possibly fit.