1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Johnny Marr Jaguar

Discussion in 'Reviews of Electric Guitars' started by Dan Katz, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Dan Katz

Dan Katz Member

Having discovered the short scale advantage not too long ago, I bought a used Sea Foam Green Squire Jaguar at GS. After playing it a while I decided to buy the Marr Jaguar.
    This has been a great investment for me.
    What I like:
    24" scale
    7.25 fretboard
    Pickups
    Simplified controls
    What I don't like:
    high E is too close to the edge of the fret board-
    The guitar came with 10's To solve this I replaced the E & B with an 11 & 14
    from the extra set of Fender stainless flatwound 11's that came with the axe.
    This may be the only electric I will ever need. Still can't stop looking...though

kiesinnervoice and racktifier like this.
  2. grapeshot

grapeshot Member

distorted noise and Bing James like this.
  3. Bing James

Bing James Member

4. malakka

malakka Supporting Member

Mastery Bridge works as well. Don't know if the Staytrem is better, maybe someone can chime in...

5. currypowder

currypowder Gold Supporting Member

Another vote for either the Staytrem or Mastery. I have both and can't say one is better than the other. I will say that I had to deal with the folks at Mastery as I lost a couple of springs and they were phenomenal.

6. kiesinnervoice

kiesinnervoice Member

Hey Dan.. I also have the JagMarr and I too had issue with the string width effecting the two "E" strings and their relation to the fretboard. I took a chance and changed the bridge to a Mastery and the problem was solved. It feels different as it's stiffer by design as it doesn't rock.. but it made ALL the difference.

chillybilly likes this.
  7. chillybilly

chillybilly Member

Just got mine (Olympic White)...the low E is just too close to the edge. High E is OK for now. I've reseated the neck in the pocket to see if it might budge over but not really. The Marr bridge is clever but if the Mastery solves the issue then so be it. What's another $185? :confused: