Johnson J Station

Forgotten

I forgot to unplug the j station last night, and damn does the power supply get hot. Anyone else notice this?

I have one and the J-Edit software (still running XP). I use the SPDIF direct in on my M-audio sound card. The software makes is easier to tweak and save. It is really a guitar sensitive unit and requires major tweaking, but there are tons of usable sounds with no noise to wake the family !

ltkojak

yep..they were great for headphone practicing!

In my case, it's been the single most recorded piece of equipment I've ever owned... over hundred dates since 2001.

Even though I have other more recent gear, I still use it to lay down guitar parts when I'm arranging and/or demoing.

HTH,

JRicoC

I still have and use one regularly. It's nice because it works perfectly with XP on cheap, old single-core systems. I use the midisport Uno for PC connectivity ...

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
I had one also, very cool. I was able to flash the firmware at the time and also connect it to J-edit pretty easily. I think my issues were around trying to use spdif and my sound card at the time would not slave to it correctly (actually it may have been because I was using a standard RCA cable and not technically a SPDIF cable). I remember liking a lot of the cleans and a couple of driven sounds. Too bad it was abandoned.

stevethompson

Yes I remember having a SPDIF issue too, I remember going back and forth with M-Audio tech support about it. IIRC the J-Station SPDIF worked with everything except my M-Audio interface, never did get that figured out.

Good buy though at $30 definitely

birdie_in_texas

I can haz virgins?
Never had an issue with my m-audio 410 firewire and the s/pdif..

Not even in 64-bit win7 or vista either one..

Forgotten

Someone had an FCB1010 for sale for $75 on my local CL, and some pretty good other deals under the heading of "Selling everything CHEAP!!!". I was like sweet, looks like I can get a good deal on a floorboard for the jstation. Of course I never got a reply, the ad is still up, but no reply.:dunno

I still haven't gotten around to buyn the uno cable yet, I reckon I will one day soon though.

birdie_in_texas

I can haz virgins?
make sure you have the switch on the back of the unit set to midi and not M8 and make sure you have the cables plugged into the correct spot on the back..other than that, it should work..

Rock Johnson

Speaking of the cables on the back, I seem to recall that you had to plug them in backwards from what you would think - so try flipping the "In" and "out" cables and see if that helps.

I have a virtually new pedal board for my j-stations..it just sets there being dusty.. :(

It needs a new home where it can be loved and used and appreciated..

Hi Birdie_in_texas, Do you still have a J8 pedal that you would be willing to sell?
I'm willing to purchase it and pay for postage to New York.

birdie_in_texas

I can haz virgins?
Wow..!! over 5 year old post!!

Let me make sure that what I still have is actually what I still have! I know for sure I have two J-stations in my room (because I use them all the time!!), but let me make sure I have at least one J8 in good working order! They are stored, or used to be stored, out in one of my storage sheds..

JTFoF

Wow..!! over 5 year old post!!

Let me make sure that what I still have is actually what I still have! I know for sure I have two J-stations in my room (because I use them all the time!!), but let me make sure I have at least one J8 in good working order! They are stored, or used to be stored, out in one of my storage sheds..

Now 6 years old. Birdie - did you ever sell the J8? If not, I am interested.

birdie_in_texas

I can haz virgins?
no sir..i have 2 j-stations and if you can believe it, i found a NIB, never sold, still in a sealed box, j8 foot controller!!! Works so well and I get some super edge of breakups and clean/chorus-y tones that sound better to me than any patch I have found or created on any other modeller!

I keep a win98 laptop rocking just to run the software! hahahah

If you want the foot controller just let me know sir..

Trending Topics

Top Bottom