Jon Spencer/RL Burnside gear?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by krisharmony, Oct 2, 2008.

1. krisharmony

krisharmony Supporting Member

Anyone know what these guys used on A Ass Pocket of Whiskey? I know Spencer has that Kustom Head into a Vox 2x12 but what as far as dirt pedals? The tone on "The Criminal Inside Me" is just huge.

2. sandman

sandman Member

one of my favorite records ever!!!!

las time I seen them live he used what u say..but someone chimed in that ain't really an AC30 cab....

Judah's site used to have a pic of some Jon's pedals...I remember Ampeg Scrambler...he's also fan of Fender blender and one of Roger Mayer rocket looking fuzzes....that's what he says in Fuzz doc...

3. krisharmony

krisharmony Supporting Member

Cool, yeah it reminds me a lot of some Black Keys fuzz tones so the Ampeg doesn't surprise me. The Criminal Inside me is alot like Just Couldn't Tie me Down actually as far as tones.

4. Prof.Fuzz

Prof.Fuzz Supporting Member

There's video footage of those sessions on the Fat Possum documentary "I See You Laughing." I'll have to go back and give it a look and see what the gear was on that session.

5. sandman

sandman Member

damn, I need to get that doc...!

It just occured to me I played this song in my highschool band....to a bunch of bikers :D

here it is on youtube fr other TGPers to hear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05m5ikAMJ1E