• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Jonesing for new music with good guitar...reccomendations?

TimH

Silver Supporting Member
guys It's been some time since I discovered a new great guitar album. One that not only has great playing but great ideas, great songs, and great tones. What has been inspiring you lately?

TimH

Silver Supporting Member
I like a tonne of stuff...anything with big fat guitar sounds and cool riffs/songs. If I knew what I was looking for I'd go get it :)

Solomon

I meant are you looking for rock? Blues? Metal?

For old school rock (LP into Marshall) check out the Muggs. The Answer would be another. Dan Auerbach (solo and with the Black Keys) for a more greasy heavy blues type style.

TimH

Silver Supporting Member
Ok well I tend to like bluesy stuff. Maybe think along Joe B's electric stuff (don't care for his acoustic work).

uberschall

Silver Supporting Member
+1 on Mastodon. New album Crack The Skye comes out today, and last album Blood Mountain too. They get better every album, IMO.

Lance

Gold Supporting Member
Not really bluesy, but has some great Beatles'esque choruses, and songs, AND guitar playing, but the new Umphrey's McGee studio cd is great! It's called Mantis.

M

Member 995

Ok well I tend to like bluesy stuff. Maybe think along Joe B's electric stuff (don't care for his acoustic work).
Did you get the new Derek Trucks album?

I've been enjoying Dave Fiuczynski's new KiF album, "Express," and the new Charlie Hunter Trio album "Baboon Strength." You might also dig Hiromi's "Beyond Standard" and "Time Control."

barkndog

Save your $$ until April 29th. Then you can buy the Heaven&Hell CD "The Devil You Know" and get a nice dose of Tony Iommi riffage

:RoCkIn

pickslide

Silver Supporting Member
Get anything by The Steepwater Band. Silvertide is good too. If you never listened to Cry of Love, then it is new to you and it is awesome!

wrxplayer

Gold Supporting Member
Two bands I'd never heard of 24 months ago but like listening to are Umphrey's McGee and Porcupine Tree. Neither are "unknowns", but I didn't know of them until I got a recommendation after posting a similar thread.

If you like great, basic rock and roll, the Hellacopters "Rock & Roll is Dead" is a great album.

MattChicago

+1 for the new Mastodon, picked it up first thing this morning, its great. Really impressive in every way.

gh730873

Kings of Leon "Only by the Night" (I think thats right, the new one anyways)
My Morning Jacket--any of it really

Trending Topics