Josh Homme 2001 pedalboard

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fuzzo, May 5, 2009.

1. SnorkelMonkey

SnorkelMonkey Member

Here ya go,

http://web.archive.org/web/20030704003900/http://www.stonerrock.com/qotsa/gear/

The damn photos do not show up. There was something wrong with the pedals mentioned also they don't mention the Phase 90 which was definitely on his board and I think was even in one of those photos and either misidentified or was not mentioned. I did forget that he used an Aqua Puss for delay and TU-2.

Cheers!

2. SnorkelMonkey

SnorkelMonkey Member

"On the other pic, you can see a boss overdrive really clearly. Don't know the other one."

That must be the Phase 90, I didn't know what it was either until I read he used one and went back to see SFTD era board shots, maybe even that one and confirmed it.

I was just reading some other more recent info and it looks like that must have been replaced with the H&K Roto? I believe he was trying to get a pseudo Leslie effect with it so that makes sense.

3. in_sherman

in_sherman Member

**** none of those pictures load! i want them to.

eh, whatever. i ****ing love kyuss. i don't even really care what gear they used. whenever i start thinking about that the music doesn't seem as sweet. someone stole my sweet purple and yellow kyuss butterfly shirt. that thing was my favorite

4. SpaceFlunky

SpaceFlunky Member

haha they quoted my buddy travis..

"Travis sended that good peice of info too : "I was at the Troubadour show (the one on the SFTD DVD) and was standing right in front of Josh. His pedals for that show were an Ernie Ball volume pedal, on old beat up Boss SD-1, a Way Huge Aqua Puss (400ms analog delay - rare and expensive), and he had a Whirlwind Selector pedal covered in bright green tape with "BONUS" written over the A + B switch. (I think I also saw it on the Letterman performance)"

5. SetFiretotheHive

SetFiretotheHive Member

So...about that fuzz tone...lol

Josh homme is such a badass, and i love talking about all his stuff, but any ideas what pedal will get a similar fuzz tone?

6. bsacamano

bsacamano Member

I saw an old washed-out dude wearing a Kyuss trucker hat at a Thai food restaurant today at lunch. We exchanged a knowing glance and went on our ways.

7. SUPERMUFF1

SUPERMUFF1 Member

What is the effect being used on song#11 (stage III) of the kyuss album wretch. I heard it for the first time on small boat shark fishing on a head full of lsd (dont do this) and I thought it was one of the coolest things I had ever heard.Then I listened to it again a few days later and it still sounded crazy Is that a flanger or some sort of leslie sim? Any help woukd be much appreciated...thanks

8. lux_interior

lux_interior Member

It sounds like a flanger. But the effect mix and its speed are changing throughout the song, so I am guessing it was applied post recording. I've never seen him use a flanger in Kyuss shows, but you never know... He was (and still is) experimenting with everything, and constantly changing his effects.

Fulltone Ultimate Octave and others that you will see by looking at older threads...