Josh Smith (blues) Hint

JohnK24

Silver Supporting Member
Fender or Suhr would be my guess but I'm probably way off.
I'm going with Suhr as they crossed my mind when I was watching the video. Seems like a fit considering the exceptional players who have Suhr signature guitars now, top quality and a dedicated following. Fender doesn't want to promote older, male blues players...they're all about youth and female artists now.

fjrabon

I'm going with Suhr as they crossed my mind when I was watching the video. Seems like a fit considering the exceptional players who have Suhr signature guitars now, top quality and a dedicated following. Fender doesn't want to promote older, male blues players...they're all about youth and female artists now.
They don’t want to promote older male ***niche*** blues players. I love Josh to death, but he’s a very online guitar nerd niche guy. My other guitar playing friends have never heard of him, let alone the general guitar buying public.

they still promote the heck out of Clapton, Beck, Eric Johnson, etc. Brent Mason just got a signature model a month ago. Bonamassa just got a signature amp from fender.

chanley

I would guess suhr.
as an aside, I really like his playing and the gear he uses. With that said, he is a great example of , if you don't play at the volume he regularly plays (live) at, which is LOUD, don't buy the same pedals he uses and expect to get that sound, (yeah yeah, tone is in the fingers, I know).

JoeB63

Silver Supporting Member
In that video, Josh said “a huge company” so it’s Fender. Or Gibson.

Dominik

Understandably after a year of no gigs he needs to explore the signature guitar option which of course he deserves but whatever they build him would have to be pretty special to replace that Chapin Tele.

Last edited:

juxtapolice

I've seen Josh play Novo, Ronin, Danocaster, of course his Chapin..but he plays from all sorts of builders. I think a contender can possibly be Novo, maybe a limited release thing but who knows

Trending Topics